• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 6 (ATP) discussion

Reaction score
@ mimmi: Anyways, i don't know how the drawing should actually look like but what's done is done. All we gotta do is make the best out of the remaining Biology papers. :p

Reaction score
mimmi said:
rose1700 said:
rose1700 said:
Firstly,i drew the same central part and labelled the radical correctly but didnt labelled the stem part correctly :(
how many marks would be deducted :(

SECONDLY, i cant believe my magnification was same 1.99
But the problem is i forgot to put "X" after the value would mark be deducted ? :(

answer me mimmi or prince

i dont think they will :( sorry not sure!

Sorry bad news they will cut the mark even if the mangifiaction is right :(

Reaction score
zero on that ?
i cant believe
this question was of three marks

-my magnification formula was correct
-my measurment was correct
-calculation were correct
-magnification was correct

only forgot to wtite x or times ! :(

Reaction score
hey guys what did you put for the question where it is asked how you would make the water in the capillary tube return to zero?????????

Reaction score
Heshna said:
hey guys what did you put for the question where it is asked how you would make the water in the capillary tube return to zero?????????

by pressing the syringe gently , which would make water to flow into capilary tube untill the mark reaches O (zero)

Reaction score
marks is not deducted for not putting x or times.... Check in mark schemes

correct expression – drawing over image ; [e.g. 50/10]
allowance for × 750;
correctly stated mag; [750 × 5 = ] × 5 / × 3750
[must be whole number for 3000 +,
up to 2 d.p. and 0.2 rounding if no allowance for × 750]

Reaction score
Heshna said:
marks is not deducted for not putting x or times.... Check in mark schemes

correct expression – drawing over image ; [e.g. 50/10]
allowance for × 750;
correctly stated mag; [750 × 5 = ] × 5 / × 3750
[must be whole number for 3000 +,
up to 2 d.p. and 0.2 rounding if no allowance for × 750]

thanks for supporting but can you specify where it is wittern that without x would be accepted ?

Reaction score
mimmi said:
jazzangel16 said:
mimmi said:
30851146.png

I drew the same thing!!.. But they are telling that we need to draw the smallest one???

That part is supposed to be the cotyledons huh?

I'm 100% sure that small thing is air space between two cotyledons as it is a cross section of the seed =S

I drew the same way as you had drawn.. But some of my friends said that we had to draw the smallest one :'(

Reaction score
Mimmi.. I just pray that its not the small one... And besides we could clearly see that radicle and plumule right?

Reaction score
0ohh..then my whole question goes wrong...because i drew the small thing and i got my magnification as 10.2..!!:S

Reaction score
@ jazzangel16: You're right.. The smallest thing is just a gap in the seed. ;)
Besides, that big fruit cannot have such a small seedling (the tiniest one). That doesn't make sense...

Edit>> Most of the students got their magnification from 1.0 to 1.9 times. ;)
I have a 'lil doubt.. I forgot to round off the magnification number. I mean, i put 'X 1.1667 times' there. Will i be penalized for this? :S

Reaction score
what if i drew only the plumule and the radical? i labelled them on the drawing so how much mark would i loose?

Reaction score
@ axhynic: You've drawn the seedling including the plumule and radicle? Have you stated which part would turn into the stem and roots? Be more precise please. :)