• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 6 ( ATP)

Reaction score
Hold on a sec, which paper did you guys do? Paper 62, right?

Assuming that, what'd you write for the nerve reception/bodily response question? Were you supposed to round up the mean numbers? :(

Reaction score
in the question 1 part c,in which we supposed to tell how the experiment could be extended..wat was to be written? i wrote starch test :(

Reaction score
in the question 1 part c,in which we supposed to tell how the experiment could be extended..wat was to be written? i wrote starch test :(

Ah shit, yeah! That's a good one! x( *faaaceeepalm*

I wrote 'repeat several times', 'use extremities for better comparison, e.g. complete darkness and brightness', 'plot graphs', 'use leaves from different varieties of plants', etc etc. :3

I wrote at least 4/5, I think. :3

Reaction score

Assuming that, what'd you write for the nerve reception/bodily response question? Were you supposed to round up the mean numbers? :(

its a debatable topic..
many are saying you can many are saying not...:D

Reaction score

My guess is that both decimal and rounded answers will be accepted, because the question asked for the mean number of CORRECT RESPONSES by the student. Even though the mean is the exact value obtained for accuracy, how can the number of responses given by the student be 9.75 etc? I mean 75% correct and 25% incorrect? :p either way we'll just have to wait until the mark scheme tells us!

Reaction score
My guess is that both decimal and rounded answers will be accepted, because the question asked for the mean number of CORRECT RESPONSES by the student. Even though the mean is the exact value obtained for accuracy, how can the number of responses given by the student be 9.75 etc? I mean 75% correct and 25% incorrect? :p either way we'll just have to wait until the mark scheme tells us!
yup. and they haven't given this type of question in past papers , have they ?

Reaction score
yup. and they haven't given this type of question in past papers , have they ?

Nope they haven't. They did give a question in which we had to average the results of the increase in potato tuber's lengths once, and for that obviously the decimaled answers were the correct ones :D but this is the first time that they gave something in which the answers depended on the situation of the question.

Reaction score
stupid mistakes ? o_O
ure welcome :)

Yeah, stupid mistakes like--> not rounding up the numbers, drawing unclear lines for the starch granule, writing 'maybe' for the low quantity of reducing sugars present—when evidently there was! :'(

& you're really nice! Wish there were more people like you around; mashaaAllah. :)

Reaction score
Yeah, stupid mistakes like--> not rounding up the numbers, drawing unclear lines for the starch granule, writing 'maybe' for the low quantity of reducing sugars present—when evidently there was! :'(

& you're really nice! Wish there were more people like you around; mashaaAllah. :)
rounding the numbers, we aren't 100% sure about it, they might just correct the decimal form as well
unclear line, yea i think that MIGHT be a problem,
and dont worry u'll lose only a mark for the reducing sugar question.
just leave the atp now because it has only 25% weightage so work hard for p1 p2, have absolute faith in ALLAH and u'll score an A* ( IN SHA ALLAH ) :)

and THANK YOU :D

Reaction score

Be rest assured you will get marks for the decimaled answers, its infact the rounded answers that are doubtful like mine since it was clearly stated to calculate the MEAN :p and drawing unclear lines will not make a difference in the starch granule question as that was only for 2 marks and those were for: 1 - Making a drawing that covers 1/3rd of the area given i.e atleast 6 cm big, and 2 - Drawing the correct granule i.e the one labelled Y. You will however obviously lose 1 mark for the reducing sugar part, but as Fallen316 said the ATP has only 25% weightage aur wesay bhi sciences mein the percentile always drops so scoring an A*/A shouldnt be much of a problem, all the more reason for you to not worry about the ATP!

Reaction score
Be rest assured you will get marks for the decimaled answers, its infact the rounded answers that are doubtful like mine since it was clearly stated to calculate the MEAN :p and drawing unclear lines will not make a difference in the starch granule question as that was only for 2 marks and those were for: 1 - Making a drawing that covers 1/3rd of the area given i.e atleast 6 cm big, and 2 - Drawing the correct granule i.e the one labelled Y. You will however obviously lose 1 mark for the reducing sugar part, but as Fallen316 said the ATP has only 25% weightage aur wesay bhi sciences mein the percentile always drops so scoring an A*/A shouldnt be much of a problem, all the more reason for you to not worry about the ATP!
hey hold on a sec. you mean we had to draw the small inner thing in magnification ?

Reaction score
hey hold on a sec. you mean we had to draw the small inner thing in magnification ?

I dont think so :O I mean I drew the granule IN which Y was labelled, not only that small thing labelled Y. That confused me aswell a bit when I first saw it :D but I'm pretty sure we had to draw the granule in which Y was labelled, what about you though?

Reaction score
I dont think so :O I mean I drew the granule IN which Y was labelled, not only that small thing labelled Y. That confused me aswell a bit when I first saw it :D but I'm pretty sure we had to draw the granule in which Y was labelled, what about you though?
i drew the big oval with the small one inside it.