• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 6 ( ATP)

Reaction score
guys the problem is tht i have solved one question and tables with pencil??? does it hve any effect

Reaction score
Be rest assured you will get marks for the decimaled answers, its infact the rounded answers that are doubtful like mine since it was clearly stated to calculate the MEAN :p and drawing unclear lines will not make a difference in the starch granule question as that was only for 2 marks and those were for: 1 - Making a drawing that covers 1/3rd of the area given i.e atleast 6 cm big, and 2 - Drawing the correct granule i.e the one labelled Y. You will however obviously lose 1 mark for the reducing sugar part, but as Fallen316 said the ATP has only 25% weightage aur wesay bhi sciences mein the percentile always drops so scoring an A*/A shouldnt be much of a problem, all the more reason for you to not worry about the ATP!

Wait, what!? But I did HINT at the presence of low quantity of reducing sugars! ;__;..

Ah, well. I'm 100% confident about the MCQs, just paper 2's the part where I get doubtful. And I drew all of Y. Like the whole thing. >_> I didn't even notice there was a small area in it. ;_; I measured the length to be about 5.3cm, so I drew the length of my sketch as 10.6cm. ;3

And, 25% is still a large part. ;P Paper 1 carries another 25%, right? Oh, god.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, both of you. Much appreciated. ^^ (btw, I think one of your sentences was in Urdu--I didn't understand a word. ;P)

Reaction score
how unclear were the lines ?? and you did not draw the inner small thing within the big oval ?

The lines were supposed to be like this: _______. I drew the lines like this: ---==----=======---=-. I'm not sure if that answers your question, but, yeah, pretty much like that.

Secondly, I drew the small thing but not very clearly. :S It was supposed to be like this: (), I drew it like this: ( ]

<_<

Reaction score
The lines were supposed to be like this: _______. I drew the lines like this: ---==----=======---=-. I'm not sure if that answers your question, but, yeah, pretty much like that.

Secondly, I drew the small thing but not very clearly. :S It was supposed to be like this: (), I drew it like this: ( ]

<_<
dont worry, maybe you guys who drew the small thing, turn out to be correct. WHO KNOWS :D

Reaction score
Wait, what!? But I did HINT at the presence of low quantity of reducing sugars! ;__;..

Ah, well. I'm 100% confident about the MCQs, just paper 2's the part where I get doubtful. And I drew all of Y. Like the whole thing. >_> I didn't even notice there was a small area in it. ;_; I measured the length to be about 5.3cm, so I drew the length of my sketch as 10.6cm. ;3

And, 25% is still a large part. ;P Paper 1 carries another 25%, right? Oh, god.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, both of you. Much appreciated. ^^ (btw, I think one of your sentences was in Urdu--I didn't understand a word. ;P)

Then dont worry, you should be able to score a mark because if you see the first page of the theory and ATP mark schemes for sciences, it clearly states that examiners should award marks to candidates who give alternative answers with a correct approach. The marking in sciences is really flexible :) and another good thing is that since the ATP gets converted into out of 30 marks your percentage should increase by 2%, not much but still better than nothing :D and you drew the right thing, because we were supposed to draw the whole granule.

Yes paper 1 also carries another 25% which later merges with paper 6 to make them both contribute 50%. And paper 2 will not be a problem. If you see its mark scheme, they award marks for just including specific key words in your answers :p its really easy. Just do your best (and yeah it was - sorry, I meant to say that the grade threshold boundaries are mostly lowered in sciences so scoring an A*/A should be no biggie :D). We'll all score A*s inshAllah!

Reaction score
I need help in biology5090 syllabus,couldnt get some answers:(

4b) investigate the necessity for chlorophyll, light and carbon dioxide for photosynthesis, using appropriate controls.

4d)investigate and state the effect of varying light intensity, carbon dioxide concentration and temperature on the rate of photosynthesis (e.g. in submerged aquatic plants)

4i)identify and label the cuticle, cellular and tissue structure of a dicotyledonous leaf, as seen in crosssection under the microscope, and describe the significance of these features in terms of function, i.e.
• distribution of chloroplasts – photosynthesis;
• stomata and mesophyll cells – gas exchange;
• vascular bundles – transport;

5f)explain why diet, especially energy intake, should be related to age, sex and activity of an individual

5i)identify the main regions of the alimentary canal and the associated organs: mouth (buccal) cavity, salivary glands, oesophagus, stomach, duodenum, pancreas, gall bladder, liver, ileum, colon, rectum and anus

5o)describe the digestion in the alimentary canal

6d)investigate, using a suitable stain, the pathway of water in a cut stem

6f)) identify the positions of xylem and phloem tissues as seen in transverse sections of unthickened, herbaceous, dicotyledonous roots, stems and leaves

14e)describe the use of fermenters for large-scale production of antibiotics and single cell protein

16t) describe the menstrual cycle, with reference to the alternation of menstruation and ovulation, the natural variation in its length and the fertile and infertile phases of the cycle

17d)explain that genes may be copied and passed on to the next generation

17i)predict the results of simple crosses with expected ratios of 3:1 and 1:1, using the terms homozygous,
heterozygous, F1 generation and F2 generation

17(j) explain why observed ratios often differ from expected ratios, especially when there are small numbers
of progeny

Please do help with the ones u know cause i really need help:( Sorry for the long post i dont mean to.A big thank you to anyone who is willing to help:)

Reaction score

4b) investigate the necessity for chlorophyll, light and carbon dioxide for photosynthesis, using appropriate controls.

4d)investigate and state the effect of varying light intensity, carbon dioxide concentration and temperature on the rate of photosynthesis (e.g. in submerged aquatic plants)

4i)identify and label the cuticle, cellular and tissue structure of a dicotyledonous leaf, as seen in crosssection under the microscope, and describe the significance of these features in terms of function, i.e.

5f)explain why diet, especially energy intake, should be related to age, sex and activity of an individual

5i)identify the main regions of the alimentary canal and the associated organs: mouth (buccal) cavity, salivary glands, oesophagus, stomach, duodenum, pancreas, gall bladder, liver, ileum, colon, rectum and anus

6f)) identify the positions of xylem and phloem tissues as seen in transverse sections of unthickened, herbaceous, dicotyledonous roots, stems and leaves

14e)describe the use of fermenters for large-scale production of antibiotics and single cell protein

16t) describe the menstrual cycle, with reference to the alternation of menstruation and ovulation, the natural variation in its length and the fertile and infertile phases of the cycle

17i)predict the results of simple crosses with expected ratios of 3:1 and 1:1, using the terms homozygous,

17(j) explain why observed ratios often differ from expected ratios, especially when there are small numbers
of progeny

Please do help with the ones u know cause i really need help:( Sorry for the long post i dont mean to.A big thank you to anyone who is willing to help:)
gud

Reaction score

of progeny

most of these investigations are present in the federal biology book :/
i also learnt these 4rm the book :/