• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology practical

Reaction score
HERE YO GO!I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT IT FROM MY FRIEND.

*Its like Yeast in gonna be there in both Question(1&2)--->(Serial dilution and Slide)

1) We are gonna have YEAST, to which you will add 1 drop Methyl-Blue, then check under Microscope, if cells are BLUE--->then the cells are DEAD, but if cells are YELLOW--->they are LIVING.

2)They may ask to state about:-
#MODIFICATION:-Use calorimeter(to find the end-point), Repeat more than once.
#RELIABLE RESULTS:-Repeat the experiment and calculate the Mean, Increase the range of Concentrations, Record the result in shorter intervals.
#ACCURACY:-Use Stopwatch, use Digital-Thermometer, use Calorimeter, use a temperature to control Water-bath.

3)Serial-Dilution of yeast okay...

well, This is about V33... can you help me in V32? I have been begging for help from everybody and no one replies :(
so if you please could help me with any guess... I would be too grateful
Thnx in advance :)
Good luck with ur exams (Y)

Reaction score
well, This is about V33... can you help me in V32? I have been begging for help from everybody and no one replies :(
so if you please could help me with any guess... I would be too grateful
Thnx in advance :)
Good luck with ur exams (Y)

I am not sure about 32, But most probably u will have food test, because we didn't have that,
graph of course,
then these====>#MODIFICATION:-Use calorimeter(to find the end-point), Repeat more than once.
#RELIABLE RESULTS:-Repeat the experiment and calculate the Mean, Increase the range of Concentrations, Record the result in shorter intervals.
#ACCURACY:-Use Stopwatch, use Digital-Thermometer, use Calorimeter, use a temperature to control Water-bath.

well just go through past-papers of variant 32 you know.
if i come to know anything, i will surely tell you =)

Reaction score
I am not sure about 32, But most probably u will have food test, because we didn't have that,
graph of course,
then these====>#MODIFICATION:-Use calorimeter(to find the end-point), Repeat more than once.

ThanQ you so much.... But I dont think food test going to come cuz v31 already had food test...
They had to carry out semi-quantitative experiment with glucose by carrying serial dilution and to find 2 unknowns
That's why I was wondering which exp may come especially that my teacher refused to help and all she told me was it maybe enzymes , and as you got the yeast exp I couldnt predict any of the exp... :(
Anyways thnx for ur help and I will be waiting ur reply asasp ;)
I appreciate ur reply

Reaction score
ThanQ you so much.... But I dont think food test going to come cuz v31 already had food test...
They had to carry out semi-quantitative experiment with glucose by carrying serial dilution and to find 2 unknowns
That's why I was wondering which exp may come especially that my teacher refused to help and all she told me was it maybe enzymes , and as you got the yeast exp I couldnt predict any of the exp... :(
I appreciate ur reply

oh!!! then i think you must refer through everything you know!!
i think 32 is a mixture of 31 and 33 lol =P

Reaction score
I appreciate ur reply
so r u 100% sure that enzymes is coming??
after doing our last pactical on food tests in april our teacher gave us an extra paper on enzymes reaction which had amylase thingy related ?
Any guesses??
It will be a GREAT help !!:D

Reaction score
Reaction score
Guys, I just wanted to ask if anyone could draw a plan diagram of how stomata look like in upper epidermis and that at lower epidermis as they appear on an imprint using nail varnish and microscope :(
This question is present in oct/nov 2006
Thnx in advance

Reaction score
graph of course,

So dude we should only practice of variant 32 or the others as well?
Plus of u've got any tips on plan diagram please share :(
And max how much pastpapers should be practiced?
Thank you :)