• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology practical

Reaction score
So dude we should only practice of variant 32 or the others as well?
Plus of u've got any tips on plan diagram please share :(
And max how much pastpapers should be practiced?
Thank you :)

Well Practice as many papers as u can find and that are easy to conduct in ur school lab, ask your school teacher to make u ppl carry out different kind of experiments like dilutions, food tests, use of visking tubing and etc.
For plan diagram just draw whatever u are asked and whatever u see from the microscope, google different plan diagrams about plant animal tissues and have a look at them. just try following the instruction in the paper.
Well, its better if you study markschemes and examiner reports as it gives the idea of the marking by the examiners. start from 07 and go on to 13 papers. i guess u'll go through much of the things in these papers. Try seeing error and improvements :)
Check these: Thanks :)
1)propotion of thickness must be correct.
2)draw the organelles where u see them, dont just draw anywhere within the cell! never draw what u know.
3)whenever u see the plant cells, draw the cell walls.
4)IN PLAN DIAGRAMS, NO DRAWING OF ANY CELLS, AND NO SHADING...if u'll do either of them, u'll lose the whole mark!!
5)when asked to draw 2 cells, draw the ones that are easiest to draw. and dont draw more then 2 cells!
6)fraw the adjacent (touching) cells.
7)drawing should be large, unshaded.
8)in plan diagrams show the relative thickness of each layer.
9)draw the exact shape, if its oval or round or has wavy outlines
10)label the diagram...simplest thing to label is cytopasm, nucleus and cell membrane.
11)if its a trachea cell, then label goblet cells, cilia, blood vessels, muscular tissue, cartilage cells (lacunae)
12) when asked to compare 2 diagrams....make a table (drawing a table itself has 1 mark!)....put atleast one similarity

Reaction score
Well Practice as many papers as u can find and that are easy to conduct in ur school lab, ask your school teacher to make u ppl carry out different kind of experiments like dilutions, food tests, use of visking tubing and etc.
For plan diagram just draw whatever u are asked and whatever u see from the microscope, google different plan diagrams about plant animal tissues and have a look at them. just try following the instruction in the paper.
Well, its better if you study markschemes and examiner reports as it gives the idea of the marking by the examiners. start from 07 and go on to 13 papers. i guess u'll go through much of the things in these papers. Try seeing error and improvements :)
Check these: Thanks :)
1)propotion of thickness must be correct.
2)draw the organelles where u see them, dont just draw anywhere within the cell! never draw what u know.
3)whenever u see the plant cells, draw the cell walls.
4)IN PLAN DIAGRAMS, NO DRAWING OF ANY CELLS, AND NO SHADING...if u'll do either of them, u'll lose the whole mark!!
5)when asked to draw 2 cells, draw the ones that are easiest to draw. and dont draw more then 2 cells!
6)fraw the adjacent (touching) cells.
7)drawing should be large, unshaded.
8)in plan diagrams show the relative thickness of each layer.
9)draw the exact shape, if its oval or round or has wavy outlines
10)label the diagram...simplest thing to label is cytopasm, nucleus and cell membrane.
11)if its a trachea cell, then label goblet cells, cilia, blood vessels, muscular tissue, cartilage cells (lacunae)
12) when asked to compare 2 diagrams....make a table (drawing a table itself has 1 mark!)....put atleast one similarity

THANK YOUUU SOOOO MUCH!!! :D
May Allah bless ya girl :D

Reaction score
THANK YOUUU SOOOO MUCH!!! :D
May Allah bless ya girl :D

My pleasure, Ameen :) Stay blessed you too :) Remember me in ur prayers :)

But what do u mean by proportion of thickness must be correct? Please elaborate :)
Plus of u've got any papers which u found tough lemme know as well :D
Btw which variant did u give?

The proportion must be checked, like cuticle layer must be in the right proportions to the whole section, it must be thinner than palisade layer... etc :)
Tough not as such, but the Mayjune 2013/34 question 1 was quite very tricky, its performance was difficult, but dont get into that, they'll not gona repeat the experiment so just try doing easy things, practice i=using apparatus so that that day they are not new for you :)
I'll be giving variant 34 :)

Reaction score
Its like i knew that we were gonna have YEAST for our exam....so i checked all the variants which contain ONLY yeast experiments...and i tried to solve them..... do the same! do u have any clue whats coming for your exam? like yeast or enzymes?

i have some examples for plan diagram, i will take pics and post them here...dont worry =)

Reaction score
Its like i knew that we were gonna have YEAST for our exam....so i checked all the variants which contain ONLY yeast experiments...and i tried to solve them..... do the same! do u have any clue whats coming for your exam? like yeast or enzymes?

i have some examples for plan diagram, i will take pics and post them here...dont worry =)

For variant 34? How did you know that? i dont think so, yeast was there last year.