• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology practical

Reaction score
Hey guys o_O
I had a doubt if some1 would help it would be a great help !!:)
In the microscopy part when they ask u to contrast between 2 figures what should be the main things that should contrasted on ?
like arrangement of vascular bundle . Pls add to this list bcuz i get confused here .

Reaction score
We are in no rush! Still have 2 days...
Oh sorry..i had to go..mom you know...ahh....
Well i think my teacher wrote the wrong year...i searched for all 2013, but its not there...
but did you understand how do draw a plan diagram?
its like you should only draw the layers of different cells, and the lines should be all straight and you have to mark at-least 3 things on your drawing, if they dont really specify that mark vascular bundle(for example)

Reaction score
i will reply you, just lemme read the questions carefully okay wait a bit... =)

Okay! as it says-->The smallest measurement on this stage micrometer is 0.1 mm.
(b)(i) Therefore, Your RADIUS is 0.5 (half of the scale)
Formula for Area is given---> πr2
Therefore, 3.14 x 0.5 (square) = 0.785 = 0.8 (Round the number to the nearest decimal point)

Reaction score
(b)(ii) sample number of stomata in the quarter of the field of view shown in Fig. 2.3. = 16 ( i got 16 complete stomata) and you Mark clearly on Fig. 2.3 each of the stomata counted okay? =)
Then you have to multiply your answer into 0.1 (as The smallest measurement on this stage micrometer is 0.1 mm)
Therefore, 16 x o.1 = 1.6
Now divide your answer by (b)(i)'s Area
That is, 1.6 / 0.8 = 2

Now that you know the area of quarter of the field, you can Calculate the number of stomata per mm2. (the whole diagram)
Therefore multiply your answer into 4 to give the total.
That is, 2 x 4 = 8

Reaction score
(b)(ii) sample number of stomata in the quarter of the field of view shown in Fig. 2.3. = 16 ( i got 16 complete stomata) and you Mark clearly on Fig. 2.3 each of the stomata counted okay? =)
Then you have to multiply your answer into 0.1 (as The smallest measurement on this stage micrometer is 0.1 mm)
That is, 1.6 / 0.8 = 2

Now that you know the area of quarter of the field, you can Calculate the number of stomata per mm2. (the whole diagram)
That is, 2 x 4 = 8

And (C) The table is perfectly given in MARK SCHEME =)

I hope you understood now =D

Reaction score
That is, 1.6 / 0.8 = 2

That is, 2 x 4 = 8

I totally understood this part

Excellent explanation i have been trying to solve this since 2days but finally got it now
If i knew u explained so well i would have posted this question the first day itself.