• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chem p12...hmm that was a tough one !!!

Reaction score
@Hassam: I too chose D for Q.40
Btw what do you chose for Q.29? The one about the change in chiral atoms. I strongly believe its B ; +1, -1
What was your answer to the Nitrogen question, about the redox? I chose A :S

Reaction score
same as u sakib its +1 and -1....see people here know that OH gets oxidised bt till then chose +2

Reaction score
I think it should be A.
Nitrogen undergoes a redox reaction, where it itself is reduced (+3 to 0) and oxdises NaOH.
If both oxidation and redox were to happen on nitrogen it would be disproportion.

Reaction score
hmmmm ok irote same answer
and what about the q 40
and the boltzman disturbution curve????

Reaction score
what about the number of isomers of C5H10
and the compound which react with k2cr2o7 which form compound with no chirality:p

Reaction score
hassam said:
BILALrox01 said:
the change in Chiral was +2 and -1.. since the secondary OH will be oxidised to =0 leaving the cholestrol with one less chiral.
DUDE IT WAS +1 AND -1....u said manganate oxidises OH ryt....so y +2 then it must be +1....dont tell me cold doesnt oxidise cos i never saw that thing anywhere
Hassam I hope you are right, cause my chemistry teacher too said that cold dilute manganate ions wont oxidise SECONDARY alcohol. But I never saw this written anywhere, infact as far as i know Potassiun Manganate is a stronger OA than potassium dichromate, so it would oxidise it regardless of the condition. But yea then again, if it truly doesnt while in cold and DOES when hot then that is simply out of the scope of the syllabus! :S

Reaction score
sakib
i think it does oxidize
uknow kmno4 is stronger OA than k2cr2o7
btw can u answer my questions
!!!!!

Reaction score
@sannikutti: I gave D for chirality....As in only 1 would give a chiral compound.
and no of isomers with pi bond= 5

Reaction score
is the chirality one is the one in part B rite?
and what about the chiral carbons in that structure which they gave in the table form
lik it was +2,0 +2,-1 and alll that???/

Reaction score
hey u guys..what was ur answer for question 2. the one about showing ionic and dative bond..
is dative bond shown by arrows only (choice A) or shown by lone pair and arrow (choice C).