• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 9701/P22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@m2rulz143- you are thinking that the ethanoic acid will first react with NaOH and the remaining would react with the alcohol. The NaOH was added in the end, so whatever moles of Ethanoic acid it reacted with was the one that REMAINED after reaching equilibrium...

Reaction score
hey a tip i have abt ur practical 34 it may sound weird but here it is and it really helped me
just go to your book rack and dig out your O levels ATP book it really helps!!!! first of all you begin to think its all easy so u are confident with ur experiment for example u get practice frm titration calculations and salt analysis as well as some information on other experiments like energetics etc....
it helps give u a strong base so u can easily get above 30 in practical :)

Reaction score
zahraahmed said:
hey a tip i have abt ur practical 34 it may sound weird but here it is and it really helped me
just go to your book rack and dig out your O levels ATP book it really helps!!!! first of all you begin to think its all easy so u are confident with ur experiment for example u get practice frm titration calculations and salt analysis as well as some information on other experiments like energetics etc....
it helps give u a strong base so u can easily get above 30 in practical :)

Y didn't u say this last week??
before I messed up my practical??

Reaction score
obsessedgenius said:
@m2rulz143- you are thinking that the ethanoic acid will first react with NaOH and the remaining would react with the alcohol. The NaOH was added in the end, so whatever moles of Ethanoic acid it reacted with was the one that REMAINED after reaching equilibrium...

Was it written there that they are adding it after reaching equillibrium and y would they than want us to find moles of naoh before and not after it have reached equillibrium if this is the case than grade threshhold will sure fall coz i've done almost every past paper and never came across such question..i am afraid now my p3 didnt went well and nw u guys are scaring me..:(

Reaction score
hey ive been telling this to everyone besides last week was a fight with filza so everyone thought i was such a jerk..................and ppl told me u cant compare o levels with a levels but guys experiments are experiments...........its not theory we are comparing besides remember one thing in o levels u give titre as 29.5 but in a levels it HAS to be 29.50 to 2.d.p. only this is diff the rest is same same calculations..................same salt analysis......

Reaction score
hey wht happened y this yahoo smiley wen ppl are getting sad at their p22 knowing the silly mistakes done?

Reaction score
i wrote carbonyl group in the last part of last questn whch asks fr function group?wil it b ryt?there was C=O group?

Reaction score
hmm @ zahra watz rong y u telling evryone we had a fite i told u to forget it ufff...........!!!!

Reaction score
well wat was that empirical formula......18.9/16 : 81.1/56......ne we get the simplest ratio abt 1.22 which is approximately 1...so formula was BaO

Reaction score
well wat was that empirical formula......18.9/16 : 81.1/56......ne we get the simplest ratio abt 1.22 which is approximately 1...so formula was BaO

Reaction score
I think the paper was quite easy just messed up BaO2 wala part and the did addition instead of subtraction in bond enthalpy hence lost one marks of answer. Rest the paper was easy and MgSO4 is highly soluble in water hence we could have said it. Kc part was cake.... and got 2.25 as the answer.. Overall paper was good and yeah can we have written Carboxaylic acid in last part and chiral was 1 thats for sure......and GT i wished could be somewhere around 50........ :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :O: :O: :O: :O: :evil: :evil:
:O: :O: :O: :O: :O: :O: :O: :O: :wink: :wink:

Reaction score
it contained 18.9 percent oxygen......so y used 32.....did u ever use 32 in emp. formula detrmination from ur o levels till A level so y 2day

Reaction score
GUYX.....justify ur ansers......tell me y u used 32 as mass for oxygen...thats wat m askin.....just tell me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.