• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P31

Reaction score
2Ag+ +2Cl- -------> AgCl2................it wz for 2 marks u were not only supposed to write down the equation....also had to balance it !!!!!!!!!!!!
No ! ag has oxidation state of +1 , and u had to include state symbols that gives u the other mark , its already balanced :)

Reaction score
They never ask for state symbols it is 1 mark for correct formula and one mark for balanced

They did ask for the state symbols....there was no balancing as it was AgCl.....I put Ag as solid Cl as gas and AgCl as solid....

Reaction score
They did ask for the state symbols....there was no balancing as it was AgCl.....I put Ag as solid Cl as gas and AgCl as solid....
wat state symbols.........no ..........i dont really noe...........ur ans. has devastated me...........but still half ov my class wrote the same !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I dont want to argue much but im pretty sure it said only write ionic formula and it was chloride not chlorine so gas is wrong anyway

Reaction score
Guys is 154-158 can it be an A* :S last year it was 134 and in october 141 so ? :(

Reaction score
for me i did a careless mistake !!! i got mole ratio correct but forget to write . H2o!!!! how stupid !!!!

Reaction score
ppl for the second last Q.
How can we measure the rate of reaction?
Measuring the voltage shown in the calibrated voltmeter....Will they mark it wrong any idea? :/