• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P4| A2 only

Reaction score
i sometimes feel like some questions in the inorganic part of section A are out of syllabus ? is this true or not

Reaction score
Pleaseeeeeee guys can anyone tell me how do u balanceeee the equationnnn in Number 5 in N07 pleaseeee help guysssss i just cant balance the equation :(

Reaction score
ok ...can nybody tell me wht do u mean by delocalisation of lone pair on pi bond of the benzene ring​

Reaction score
i sometimes feel like some questions in the inorganic part of section A are out of syllabus ? is this true or not
they are not out of the syllabus .... itis just tht the equations are twisted up.....just to confuse us a little bit.....i feel tht tooo but if u try out the equations ull find it easy ...really u maight t ake a lill time to work over it...but ull succeed

Reaction score
can any one pls help with the q
how is it 1st order with respect to H+.....

Attachments

• asa.pdf
    7.3 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
how does an electron withdrawing or donating group.......affect acidity of a compound....
wht do these withdrawing and donating mean?

Reaction score
Ecell = Ereduction-Eoxdiation right?

is it different if it is electrolysis? - then check w10 43 5b)... am i weird?

Reaction score
EXACTLY. i"ve asked this question so many times. no one replied :(

It is easy.. from the first and second row, u can know that CH3CHO is 1st order.
From the first and third row , u can know that the run 1st order wrt CH3OH
From the first and fourth,

(0.2/0.2) x (0.16/0.1)x(0.1)(0.05) is 3.2, therefore it is also 1st order wrt H+

Reaction score
It is easy.. from the first and second row, u can know that CH3CHO is 1st order.
From the first and third row , u can know that the run 1st order wrt CH3OH
From the first and fourth,

(0.2/0.2) x (0.16/0.1)x(0.1)(0.05) is 3.2, therefore it is also 1st order wrt H+
umm..i dont get it.. the way i do it is that we keep the conc of all other except the one whose order we are finding constant. why are you using .16/.1? :S

Reaction score
Ecell = Ereduction-Eoxdiation right?

is it different if it is electrolysis? - then check w10 43 5b)... am i weird?

no Youre not weird..lol
In this case u calculate seeing the E0 valus of o2 and the cathode reaction theyve given!
If eo value is more positive for one u consider that to be undergoing reduction and the other to be undergoing oxidation..
In this case u cant assume reduction to occur at cathode..