• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P5 help

Reaction score
Need help with Chemistry May/June 2007 P5 question 2(e)

Detailed explanation will be helpful.
Have solved the whole paper but can't get this part.

Reaction score
Bump!
People paper is day after tomorrow so kindly help me with the mentioned question.

Reaction score
wht is the problem der exactly
u just have to make a tbale with four coulumns mass of mg, vol of hcl,vol of h2, time taken im not sure abt rate
with the help of molaR RATIOS put in some data i mean some values u have already quoted diff conc and vol of hcl and mass fo mg is constatnt calculate for vol of h2 evovled and write th as the concentraTION decreases rate of the reaction decreases

Reaction score
The problem is that you didn't read what I wrote.I asked for Q.2(e), not Q.1

Reaction score
what's so difficult in 2(e) ??? have you sketched the graph ? you dont know what to do in this part??? just take a point off the line of the graph and use the empirical formula method to find the answer..........couldnt be EASIER

Reaction score
3 colums:- Vol of acid/cm3
vol of water /cm3
and time/s.
that was easy !!!

Reaction score
May/June 2007 P5

what would be a good answer to Q1 d(ii)? what do they mean by how i could measure the independent variable? what do i specifically have to write in this part? do i have to describe how exactly i'd dilute 2moldm-3 HCl with distilled water using apparatus...or do i just state that i would obtain 5 different conc. by mixing HCl with H20 and then leave the describing for (iii)?
Do i describe the whole experiment in composition form or do i separate it out into points (eg. (i), (ii), (iii) etc...)))like in the question....

Help would be appreciated... :)

Reaction score
find the mass of Hg and Cl..........they have given the Mr............first divide both masses by their Mr's and then you will have two numbers............divide both by the one that is smaller for e.g 0.02 and 0.04...........divide by 0.02..........answer will be 1 and 2..........that's the ratio.............Hg 1 Cl 2..........OR Hg2Cl3........x is 2 or 3 depending on your accuracy

Reaction score
AND TAKE VALUES FROM YOUR GRAPH..........for e.g if you sketched Mercury against Chlorine.........use the masses.........if its MercuryChloride against chlorine........subtract chlorine for mercury............... AT THE end you will need masses of chlorine and mercury separately........(take values from any pint of your best-fit line)

Reaction score
em having a prob in chem O/N 09 p52..Q.no.1(d)..hw 2 find volumes and concentrations of the given acid?? plz explain..and Q.no.2(bii)..wht scale shud i use 2 plot graph..nd Q.no.3(d)..
nybody reply plz...

Reaction score
plz can u help me in solving Q2 (e) in nov. 08 ppr5? thanx in advance.

Reaction score
take a sutiable point from the graph suppose 3000 and 1g alrytt now find the number of moles 1/63.5
2x is the amount of charge used when 1mole is deposited 3000c is wen 1/63.5moles are deposited take the ratio and find x

Reaction score
pari said:
em having a prob in chem O/N 09 p52..Q.no.1(d)..hw 2 find volumes and concentrations of the given acid?? plz explain..and Q.no.2(bii)..wht scale shud i use 2 plot graph..nd Q.no.3(d)..
nybody reply plz...
xactly wht scale shuld be taken der

nd for 3d u have the mean na subtract 1g from dis tht is the mass of o2 nd the rest is the mass for copper find the no of moles take the ratio u get the formula

Reaction score
madee92 said:
2x is the amount of charge used when 1mole is deposited 3000c is wen 1/63.5moles are deposited take the ratio and find x

can u plzz ezplain it once again, i didn't understand it. thnx in advance