• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P5 help

Reaction score
can somebody help me in solving Q2(b){GRAPH} how to draw to straight lines ??? the plotted points appear to be curve .I really need help urgently. I appreciate ur helps.

Reaction score
moon said:
plz can u help me in solving Q2 (e) in nov. 08 ppr5? thanx in advance.

draw a suitable gradient to your graph.... & calculate the value.... my graph has "mass of copper deposited" on the y-axis & "charge passed" on the x-axis...i got mine to be valued at 3.38x10^-4...
-this value is the mass of copper deposited per coulomb of charge.....
-convert this value to moles by dividing it by 63.5.... --------- you now have the number of moles of copper deposited per coulomb charge.... my value is 5.32x10^-6...
-from the equation.... you can see that ...2mol e- reduces 1 mol Cu2+.... so 1 mol e- reduces 0.5mol Cu2+ (you need to know the number of moles 1mol e- reduces because the Faraday constant is the charge in coulombs of 1mol e-)
-since 5.32x10^-6 mol Cu2+ is deposited by 1C charge... so 0.5mol Cu2+ is deposited by (0.5/(5.32x10^-6))C = ~93985C charge...

I hope i could make it clear to you man... :)

Reaction score
ok ur explanation is really helpful. thnx a lot for ur help but can u help me in solving Q2b of june 2009 thnx in advance.

Reaction score
you're welcome... :)
well im doing this paper currently right now....so once i get to that part i'll let you know... keep in touch...

Reaction score
madee92 said:
nd for 3d u have the mean na subtract 1g from dis tht is the mass of o2 nd the rest is the mass for copper find the no of moles take the ratio u get the formula

thnx..i got it :)

Reaction score
when it says draw a table i Q1. Do u need to invent the values yourself?? LIke for example: 2cm, 5cm, 8cm etc
or u just draw the table with no values in it??

Reaction score
yes.... 1992.........just the table......... with headings and all..........and i thnk the values of independent variable that you have to choose you must fill it in the table but not the dependent..................

Reaction score
djammad said:
yes.... 1992.........just the table......... with headings and all..........and i thnk the values of independent variable that you have to choose you must fill it in the table but not the dependent..................

and how do u know what values to put in the independent variable?
for example concentration of Acid.

Reaction score
cld some plz help me in paper mj 09 the graph question wht shld i take on the axis and for tht table i found the initial mass of soultion and final mass os solution wht else do i need, how do i calculate solubility ???? thank u ppl plz reply soon hopefully u got wht i meant :)

Reaction score
insane.kid said:
cld some plz help me in paper mj 09 the graph question wht shld i take on the axis and for tht table i found the initial mass of soultion and final mass os solution wht else do i need, how do i calculate solubility ???? thank u ppl plz reply soon hopefully u got wht i meant :)
in the table, u need mass of water (which was evaporated) formula to calculate solubility is given in the question. on X axis, take temperature, n on Y take solubility

Reaction score
Can somebody help me in solving question no. 4(c) in June 2001 ppr 2??

and i also need help in june 2009 Q2 (b) the graph plzzz thnx in advance.

Reaction score
chem p5 june 08 q2 part (f) and and nov 08 (c) part 2 (i) nd (ii)

hope sumbody helps me out soon :(

Reaction score
i got mass of solution (E=C-B), then final mass of solid (F=D-B), then mass of liquid (G=C-D), then solubility ((F/G)x100)
i got a range of solubilities from 179 to 302....is this correct?

Reaction score
maybe ricky ponting but when i did it i did mass of solid (E = C-B) and mass of liquid or water ( F = C-D) and solubility (F/E)*100 some plz confirm i am confused :S