• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 33 how was it?

Reaction score
What was the metal guys ???? ..i wrote Mg carbonate ...:p
it cudnt be Mg ,,,,it had to be from group 1,,,,,our sol. that ws prepared by the lab ppl was probably wrong,,,,since we all were getting titre vols of 22 and this makes our metal : VAnadium.....i have NEVER come across a chemical such as vanadium carbonate (it does exist though)

Reaction score
My Ar was a wooping 336. ^_^
And my titre value was 4.90 cm^3. (oh, the irony)
And my graph came out wrong because the electricty went, so my initial temperature increased from 26 to 27 and I couldn't do anything about it.
Meh.
MCQs. Come at me.
yeah electricity ws a big prob....had to wait for 2 precious min. b4 the generators were switched on....

Reaction score
I see 1st qs messed up pretty bad for some people who were in A.C room ... :p... i had an Ac in my room too but i enhanced every value by 0.5 degrees........so i got the highest temp as 31.5 ......not bad though !!!:sneaky:
it wsnt the highest temp that mattered actually....it ws the temperature change that ws of consequence, becuz u had to calculate enthalpy CHANGE

Reaction score
Guys, we were getting a titre volume of 25 to 27. And all of us got the mr 14 which is wierd because then it was a salt of nitrogen. :S And the other thing, half of the people were getting sulphate and half sulphite. And for some students of one lab, the temperature didnt even rise, so they had to assume that the temperature rise would be 0.5 for each.

Reaction score
My practicals were held in jublee branch and they didnt even provide me with reagents for last question.i complained about it and they told me that i had to share with others. Because of them doing their work with their reagents, my work got held off and i was unable to do my salt question properly.
Let me add that i did complain about not being provided with the reagents but they told me to share. And when i told another teacher, she was rude and scolded me instead. Now, im hundred percent sure my grade will be affected. Can you tell me what to do?

What should i do? Please help! Should i contact cie?
hmm same thing hapened with me complain this i did it too

Reaction score
Guys, we were getting a titre volume of 25 to 27. And all of us got the mr 14 which is wierd because then it was a salt of nitrogen. :S And the other thing, half of the people were getting sulphate and half sulphite. And for some students of one lab, the temperature didnt even rise, so they had to assume that the temperature rise would be 0.5 for each.
man how could M have been nitrogen? they clearly stated it was a METAL and the formula was M2CO3 so M has to be a GROUP 1 element :/

Reaction score
man how could M have been nitrogen? they clearly stated it was a METAL and the formula was M2CO3 so M has to be a GROUP 1 element :/
Thats my point. One person can be wrong but everyone who did that paper and titration cant be! Everyone of our lab got M as nitrogen with mr of 14. Some even got 14 but wrote the answer K, li and metals of group 1.
But can you tell me one thing, Was FA 7 sulphate or sulphite?

Reaction score
Thats my point. One person can be wrong but everyone who did that paper and titration cant be! Everyone of our lab got M as nitrogen with mr of 14. Some even got 14 but wrote the answer K, li and metals of group 1.
Sulphate

Reaction score
My M was Caesium because Ar=127 and Cs is the closest Group 1 metal to that, so.

Reaction score
sulfate (y)