• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 4-theory- doubts =D

Reaction score
Wa eyyaki
I am glad i did.

Now mind telling how to draw it, please? ._.
Lol :p
K. Draw a huuuuuuggggeeee circle and write C in the middle.
Now draw a circle on one side and label it Cl. do the same with the other side.
draw a cross in both intersections. and one black dot as well.
The black represents C and the x represents Cl. now, the lone pair will be on the C atom. in the empty space. Sorrry, i should've uploaded a photo, but something's wrong with the bluetooth on this stupid laptop. it won't connect to my phone:p
If u still dnt get it, tell me..

Reaction score
Lol :p
K. Draw a huuuuuuggggeeee circle and write C in the middle.
Now draw a circle on one side and label it Cl. do the same with the other side.
draw a cross in both intersections. and one black dot as well.
The black represents C and the x represents Cl. now, the lone pair will be on the C atom. in the empty space. Sorrry, i should've uploaded a photo, but something's wrong with the bluetooth on this stupid laptop. it won't connect to my phone:p
If u still dnt get it, tell me..
I actually got it very well! Thanks aloooot! Jazaki Allah khairan..!!
May Allah S.w.t have mercy on you and your family and grant you all the highest results in this world and hereafter. Aameen

Reaction score
I actually got it very well! Thanks aloooot! Jazaki Allah khairan..!!
May Allah S.w.t have mercy on you and your family and grant you all the highest results in this world and hereafter. Aameen
Umm..well you can do it, i am actually on a different paper struggling right now, thanks for the offer though.
Aameen:D
Yeah yeah..run away PhyZac ...ok...i'll explain:p

Reaction score
Reaction score
Asalamualikum :)
M/J 2012 variant 41 Q3)d) http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s12_qp_41.pdf
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s12_ms_41.pdf
for the structure for A benzene ring is also reduced along with alkene why shouldnt it be just alkene reduced o_O ?
but we never studied any reaction of benzene ring with Hydrogen and nickel catalyst :/
Sometimes, you have to evaluate a condition, they wont ask what you have studied....

let you know, H2 and Nickel is so strong reducing agent!

Reaction score
Sometimes, you have to evaluate a condition, they wont ask what you have studied....

let you know, H2 and Nickel is so strong reducing agent!
JazakAllah for reply :)
this means benzene will always be reduced with hydrogen and nickel bcz it acts as a strong reducing agent and i guess with ketone as well ?

Reaction score
what about b(i) and (ii)??

For the second row, for the value of [CH3OH], look at the stoichiometric equation; for every mole of CH3CHO used up in the reaction, two moles of CH3OH will be used up. Therefore if the volume remains constant, the concentration can be written in proportion to the number of moles of each molecule at equilibrium.

If x moles of CH3CHO are used up once equilibrium has been reached, twice that number of moles, i.e. 2x moles of CH3OH will be used up to reach equilibrium. Since the volume is constant, the concentration can written in terms of 2x; the original concentration of CH3OH is 0.10 mol dm^-3, so the final concentration will be (0.10 - 2x)mol dm^-3.

The concentration of [H+] remains constant since it is written in the stoichiometric equation as a catalyst, and the concentration/amount of catalyst in the beginning of an experiment will be the same as it is at any other point, because the catalyst itself doesn't take part in the reaction (it usually has a role to play i the reaction mechanism, but if it is indeed used up, it will be regenerated at the end of the mechanism).

Since the number of moles of H2O produced is equal to the number of moles of Acetal A, the concentration of water in the solution will be equal to x.

For the next part, just substitute the value of 0.025 for x, as is given in the table, to get the answers.

Hope this helped!

Good Luck for all your exams!

Reaction score
JazakAllah for reply :)
this means benzene will always be reduced with hydrogen and nickel bcz it acts as a strong reducing agent and i guess with ketone as well ?
Yup very well...

actually...some questions states what reduces ketone but not alkene, then say NaBH4 ..since H2 and Ni does for both.!

Reaction score
Yup very well...

actually...some questions states what reduces ketone but not alkene, then say NaBH4 ..since H2 and Ni does for both.!
JazakAllah for clearing this out :)
May Allah Bless u always :) Good Luck for the exams as well :)

Reaction score
Salaam alaykum,
Can someone please help me with balancing a equation using oxidation numbers please.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
one Haber Process Reaction Heteregenous Catalysis example(Fe is used as adsorption )
other one is for Sulfide and iodide reaction (fe used for Redox reaction in a same state)
yea i know that...bu-ut for 8 marks i donno how to elaborate...ESP! 'How the catalyst u've chosen helps to decrease the Ea! Please
Jazak allah Khair ! May Allah bless u! :D