• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 61

how was it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
u cant check the crystals for impurity in chromatography
you will have to make a solution

to check any crystal for purity for check its melting point

Reaction score
heyy guys isnt ironsulphate hydrated thus if we heat for a longer tym it will loose water
there wasnt water .. it was only a solution (not aqueous ) of iron sulphate...it will get oxidated or sumthing like that and turn red brown. Trust me i didnt write that but some girl who is superb told me that...

Reaction score
it IS ryt, my teacher said so. cn u stop bein da BOSS plzz? u r actin lyk u knw evrythin n da rest of us knw nothin. evrybody makes mistakes. it's not lyk we r perfect!!! :mad:
Hey
come on
He's only trying to help. He never said you guys are stupider than him or anything like that.
As far as I know chromatography IS right - dissolve it in distilled water, make chromatogram. Melting point may actually bring complications since when heating the water of crystallization will escape, but whatever.
Okayyy....now im confused...:/
THe original reaction is:
Pb(NO3)2 + 2KCl -> PbCl2 + 2KNO3
So for every one mole of Pb you need 2 moles of KCl
The new reaction with Silver Nitrate is
AgNO3 + KCl -> AgCl + KNO3
Now the mole ratio is one:eek:ne
So now you need half the amount of moles (and thus volume) of KCl to react with the same amount of nitrate.

Reaction score
heyy guys isnt ironsulphate hydrated thus if we heat for a longer tym it will loose water

yes it does get dehydrated but since it said heating for a long time in the question, it will split up into iron 3 oxide, sulfur dioxide and sulfur trioxide.....i got this info from my teacher and online so I think its rite....

Reaction score
Hey
come on
He's only trying to help. He never said you guys are stupider than him or anything like that.
As far as I know chromatography IS right - dissolve it in distilled water, make chromatogram. Melting point may actually bring complications since when heating the water of crystallization will escape, but whatever.

So now you need half the amount of moles (and thus volume) of KCl to react with the same amount of nitrate.
yeah, but still. he acts lyk dat. it's lyk he's makin fun of evry1 by findin faults in deir ans.

Reaction score
there wasnt water .. it was only a solution (not aqueous ) of iron sulphate...it will get oxidated or sumthing like that and turn red brown. Trust me i didnt write that but some girl who is superb told me that...
If it's a solution that means it's aqueous. Aqueous means dissolved in water to give a solution :|
Oxidated? That makes no sense.
When you heat it water will evaporate; that causes a) a saturated solution and furthermore b)crystallization

Reaction score
yeah, but still. he acts lyk dat. it's lyk he's makin fun of evry1 by findin faults in deir ans.

come on... if u think he behaves that way then just ignore him....dont lose yr temper.....I mean if I think someone is annyoing I just ignore them.....I think he is just trying to help though....;):D:ROFLMAO:(y):X3::LOL:

Reaction score
No
He just points out the correct (or whatever he thinks is correct)
It's how YOU look at it.
He may be brash but most of us look at it as "He's trying to help us."
The way you look at it just makes me think that you're jealous or something. "Hmph, he got it right, I got it wrong. He's acting like he's the boss."

Reaction score
Hey
come on

couldnt the ans b sumthin related to bromide n silver being less reactive than the other 2 :p i guess i did a lot of blunders :S

Reaction score
u will get marks and I don't thnk that mass is included.......plz check the post I posted of the similar question which came before see it!
i know this is stupid but for that question i didnt mention expose to air and water at all. It completely slipped my mind, what bad luck. So straight away zero out of 7 right?