• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 61

how was it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I just studied Chemistry for 4 hours yesterday & last time I studied for paper 6 was like 2 month ago and I was so good in solving it at that time
Today I lost like 10 marks
Its okay, hope for the best, Allah is with you, and study well for the rest of the papers =] good luck honey :)

Reaction score
ok I will :D
I hope to get A* and will try to do my best in p31 & 11 although I'm not so good at solving them ..p11 is so tricky(The biology,s one is better) and 31 needs too much studying & fast writting
I dont take bio , and yeaaa i hate paper 3's =[

Reaction score
and guys what bout the ques in which it asked what type of reaction it was between kcl and PbNo3 ? I wrote precipitation

Reaction score
and guys what bout the ques in which it asked what type of reaction it was between kcl and PbNo3 ? I wrote precipitation
i wrote exothermic .. precipitation is also correct, i saw someone saying it in another thread :)

Reaction score
I wrote Double displacement
it is supposed to be exo. but I think both of our answer are accepted

Reaction score
aha..I hope so :) and in the same question when it asked bout the observation when u change reactants to I think it was silver nitrate and potassium nitrate. I wrote yellow ppt

Reaction score
oh sorry I forgot , I did that graph wrong so got it 10.5 :(
14 is the right answer & I'm sure about it (y)
I thought you were asking about the pentanol one as I got it 45 ..I just got confused between which question you were asking about

Reaction score
lol all potassium salts and soluble
all nitrates are soluble
so there wont be any precipitation so the change will be that there will be no solid

for the graphs 1 answer was 14 and the other was 43 i think

Reaction score
yes all nitrates are soluble but soluble salt + soluble salt --> insoluble salt so there must be a ppt thats why its called ppt reaction

Reaction score
i was so xctided i got 10 alerts....
i was on the 4th page...reading how ppl were whacking their wits out....and i realized i have 17 more pages to read....and that ppl are still commenting....replying...blah blah
n thn i was like ***********************************************
also someone actually replied to one of the first post...in the last pg!!
-_________- are u kiddin me???!

PEOPLE go study for physics or business....ths p6 is 20% only

Reaction score
yes all nitrates are soluble but soluble salt + soluble salt --> insoluble salt so there must be a ppt thats why its called ppt reaction
not true
precipitation can only be used when the required salt is unsoluble
displacement can occur and make soluble salts
adding 2 soluble salts wont make one unsoluble magically
have a look at salt key

Reaction score
For the change in OBSERVATION if silver nitrate was used, you can't explain it by using mole ratio.. You write what you OBSERVE.
It's either colour changes or height of solid changes.. I'm not really sure which one is right.. Maybe both observations are right.