• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 61

how was it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
difference is they said they were heating the solution not the crystals

That is exactly the point ........ that they said "further heating " ...and at 400 something degrees,the iron(II) is oxidized
....plus the question said "heating the solution for a few minutes"..i dont think that a few minutes on the bunsen burner would make it reach 480 degrees !!

Plus ,all those who wrote this answer of iron being oxidised into iron(III).......can you answer this question ::::
how are iron (II) sulphate crystals obtained ?
By heating the iron sulphate solution for a few mins until crystallisation ..................

if what theyre saying is right , then we cud've NEVER been able to obtain iron(II) sulphate crystals!!

COME ON PPL !! :/

Reaction score
I wrote tht too...bt one ov my friends has written 'hydrated' ammonium carbonate....i think tht will account fer two marks i guess!! :/
hydrated ? how come ? :/
sublimes is a reasonable answer ....but how about the litmus paper that turned blue ..what does that mean ?

Reaction score
That is exactly the point ........ that they said "further heating " ...and at 400 something degrees,the iron(II) is oxidized
....plus the question said "heating the solution for a few minutes"..i dont think that a few minutes on the bunsen burner would make it reach 480 degrees !!

Plus ,all those who wrote this answer of iron being oxidised into iron(III).......can you answer this question ::::
how are iron (II) sulphate crystals obtained ?
By heating the iron sulphate solution for a few mins until crystallisation ..................

if what theyre saying is right , then we cud've NEVER been able to obtain iron(II) sulphate crystals!!

COME ON PPL !! :/
exactly :D
boiling the solution will concentrate the solution and crystallisation takes place

Reaction score
1-how much was the amount of heat produced by pentanol? (I wrote it 45)
2-what if I wrote in question 1 no more evolve of gas instead of no more effervescence , will they consider it right?
3-How many marks will I lose if I made the intersection of the 2 st. lines in graph wrong and so got the answer depending on it wrong? (The graph was for 4 marks , the question was for 3 marks)

Reaction score
It was Easy, the last question answer was :-
1. Place each Corrosion inhibitor in 3 test tube of equal amount.
2. Take 3 steel nails and place them in 3 water bowl.
3. Place each inhibitor in bowl.
5. Leave it undisturbed for 3-4 days in presence of air.
6. After 4 days, Remove the rust which will be Flaky brown solid (FE2OH3.xH2O) and dry them and weigh each of them.
7. The one which has more weigh will be least effective corrosion inhibitor and one with lower weight will most effective corrosion inhibitor.

What if I skipped out step 6 and said just look at it and the one with most rust is the least effective? And what if I said put the nails in a test tube and add corrosion inhibitor to the test tube....how many marks would I get out of 7?
Thx

Reaction score
This is 2012 May/June?!
How come u have these papers when I am like doing the exam on june 11 and june 13??
wht u hav thm on june 11 & 13...............it was may 11 and may 14.......................which country r u from ??!??!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Reaction score
This is 2012 May/June?!
How come u have these papers when I am like doing the exam on june 11 and june 13??
wat??
we finished these exams on da 8th of May and da 14th of May
r u sure u take 0580?
my friend gave em to me n i uploaded them

Reaction score
Who said so? We are discussing, why are you mad?
look bro, I kinda misunderstood you, ok?!
I mean I lost my temper because you were sort of acting like you knew everything, and the rest of us knew nothing. That's the way I saw it, but in reality, I think you were trying to help the other candidates.
I'm sorry. :(

Reaction score
look bro, I kinda misunderstood you, ok?!
I mean I lost my temper because you were sort of acting like you knew everything, and the rest of us knew nothing. That's the way I saw it, but in reality, I think you were trying to help the other candidates.
I'm sorry. :(
u got no need to apologize sista
u were standin up for urself n ya friends
dat guy ought to learn sth fom ya, aint it?