• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
It would be much better if you could link us to past papers, with question number rather than just trying to take a pic and then upload, which is much harder and confusing both for you and us.
True That! :)(y)(y)
Well this is the question. Rest of the part is irrelevant..
Can u guys just explain me how you got 8,6.5, 1.5 and 1.5

Reaction score
Look they all react in 1:1:1:1!
If 1.5 of Acid remained it means (8-1.5) =6.5 used Up!
Which also means not 6.5 Would Be used up By ethanol so 14.5-6.5=8.0!

Now Come to the Products..
These would be The amount used Up(because the used up amount of acid and alchol is being converted to Products)
which is 6.5. for both because they are 1:1!

I Hope U Understand!

Reaction score
please can someone explain question 2b ii) from: papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_w13_qp_22.pdf

how r the 3 structures different from each other???

please answer as soon as possible. thnx in advance.
Is the same difference as that between alpha and beta glucose molecules. The chlorine atom can either be above the ring or below it, and so depending on its position, it forms a different and specific compound

Reaction score
Well acutally i meant some thing like this:
You can find other members doing like this:
"please can someone explain question 2b ii) from: papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_w13_qp_22.pdf

how r the 3 structures different from each other???

please answer as soon as possible. thnx in advance."

They simply mention the question like above 2) b) i), and link to past paper, that's much better and more convenient way!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Minor product is one in which halogen atom is bonded to a carbon atom with the most number of hydrogen atoms,So it shud be CH3CH2CH2Br.
C is more likely to be the product because it is more stable i think as the central carbon atom has greater charge density around it.Im thinkso im not sure in this 1
Yes You are right.. this is due to Inductive effect of Alkyl chain ( electron donating chain) which stabilizes the carbon!! :)

Reaction score
Minor product is one in which halogen atom is bonded to a carbon atom with the most number of hydrogen atoms,So it shud be CH3CH2CH2Br.
C is more likely to be the product because it is more stable i think as the central carbon atom has greater charge density around it.Im thinkso im not sure in this 1
thnx