• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!​
need help, plz... ...:unsure:
P.S. I'm reposting them :D
9701-j-05-q-6-jpg.8598
S has poor conducitivity when solid but conducts well in liquid state=must bean ionic compound
S has a mp of2800--this shows us that it has to MgO because in the course we are given the estimate mp of MgO (2000C)
T has a good conductivty in the solid state-so :
it cant be Sio2 or diamond -neither conduct electricity
options left =Cu or graphite -liquid conductivity is not known -Cu conducts in the liquid state too .so it has to be graphite

Reaction score
Could you check if the answer to 12 is C? If so, I could help. And if it's B, I still know how it works, but I think it's C.

(I thought since you helped me so much, I could try and help you out with this one. :p I tried doing 21, and I know how to do it usually, but my answer is wrong, so I don't think I'd be of much help with that one...)
thanks ^^ yes its C ..so how do you do it ?

Reaction score
help....anyone?:cry:
For 10, Kc = 4. Initial conc : ethanol = 1 mol Ethanoic acid = 1 mol Ethyl ethanoate = 0 mol Water = 0 mol
Final conc : Ethanol =(1-x)mol Ethanoic acid=(1-x)mol Ethyl ethanoate = x mol Water = x mol
Kc = 4 = [x] [x] /[1-x] [1-x]
4 = x^2/(1-x)^2
4- 8x+3x^2 = 0
Solve by quadratic eqn to gt d ans..
Hope i helped...;)

Reaction score
For 10, Kc = 4. Initial conc : ethanol = 1 mol Ethanoic acid = 1 mol Ethyl ethanoate = 0 mol Water = 0 mol
Final conc : Ethanol =(1-x)mol Ethanoic acid=(1-x)mol Ethyl ethanoate = x mol Water = x mol
Kc = 4 = [x] [x] /[1-x] [1-x]
4 = x^2/(1-x)^2
4- 8x+3x^2 = 0
Solve by quadratic eqn to gt d ans..
Hope i helped...;)
yes you did (y) ^_^ thanks a lot

jsg

Reaction score
help needed in Q 9 and 3

Attachments

• 9701_w11_qp_12.pdf
    166.8 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
guys i have found a mistake in the mark scheme of may june 11 paper 11 Oo

question 37, the answer is B? how come and an ammonium ion only has 8 electrons :S:S:S:S:S

Reaction score
guys i have found a mistake in the mark scheme of may june 11 paper 11 Oo

question 37, the answer is B? how come and an ammonium ion only has 8 electrons :S:S:S:S:S

option 1 says 10 which is true, 8 in the outer shell of bonded N and two in the inner shell, cuz N= 2, 5. so 1 is right

Reaction score
11 0.144 g of an aluminium compound X react with an excess of water, to produce a gas. This gas
burns completely in O2 to form H2O and 72 cm3 of CO2 only. The volume of CO2 was measured at
room temperature and pressure.
What could be the formula of X?
[C = 12.0, Al = 27.0; 1 mole of any gas occupies 24 dm3 at room temperature and pressure]
A Al 2C3 B Al 3C4 C Al 4C3 D Al 5C3

Can anyone tell me how the answer is C
thankyou