• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry practical 32 discussion

Reaction score
for the second experiment we all got from 35 to 45ish . that might explain the rate difference then . anyhow , if enough people got the same result then they'll accept your results . depends on the place you carried the experiment in too , as in its temperature .

Reaction score
Is it just me or was the time a little bit insufficient? To carry out 6 experiments in question one alone, that's a lot! I got 1.67 somewhere I do remember that number. Was chlorine FB8?

I got 2 FB5's Hydrogen and Chromium I believe.. Or what was it.. Ahh I forgot! I think I the same no.s for Chlorine and Lead, that I'm sure about!

Reaction score
Is it just me or was the time a little bit insufficient? To carry out 6 experiments in question one alone, that's a lot! I got 1.67 somewhere I do remember that number. Was chlorine FB8?

I got 2 FB5's Hydrogen and Chromium I believe.. Or what was it.. Ahh I forgot! I think I the same no.s for Chlorine and Lead, that I'm sure about!
Lead Chloride is insoluble.

Reaction score
lol dude that's way too high..2000 mol.dm-3 per second?!
i doubt it. they even said we would have to use a value around 2.25 x10-3 if we don't get the answer. 0.0485 is way too high.
i think if we had to subtract it from something they would also tell us to use the information shown opposite along with use the answer in (iii)
i agree

Reaction score
I got an increasing trend for the time, starting with 54 seconds. I think something was wrong with the ingredients' concentrations prepared at our laboratory prior to the exam..

Reaction score
wait how was the rate in thousands? if you divide 0.0485 or whatever you got by the time it would be a very small number?

Reaction score
There's no other way to do it . I dont believe its wrong , because some people at my centre got the same answer. Anyhow , let's say its wrong , how many marks would I lose?
You're right actually. Lots of people got their rate in the 1000s. The teacher said it was right, but it confused alot of people as well.

Reaction score
but i used that value to calculate rate of reaction for the graph...wouldn't my marks get deducted??
No that's the point in giving that value so that if u couldn't fo the first parts u can still do the rest accurately..if u know how to :p

Reaction score
can you tell me what you calculated to get a rate that high? /:
I wish I knew the answer to that question. I too, could not make sense out of the 'decrease in concentration' question so I blindly used the value they gave. The people that did use their own value (that was correct) ended up with rates in the 1000s. The question specifically said, "You may use the value given, which is NOT correct." So you can't make estimates of your answer using a value that is incorrect in the first place. This is where most people went wrong.

Reaction score
omg i got the concentration as 1.67*10^3 and i used this to calculate my rate so how much marks will i lose...:(

Reaction score
does anyone remember which ions which solution contained. i think that was the only confusing part but rest was ok.