• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Question please help

Reaction score
Can somebody please help me with this Q
When 0.47 g of E was completely burnt in air the heat produced raised the temperature of 200 g of water by 27.5°C assume no heat losses occurred during this experiment
bi) use the relevant data from the data booklet to calculate the amount of heat released in this experiment.
This part i understand. it requires for us to simply calculate energy using the formula Q=mc🔼theta and the ans comes out to be 23 kj/mol however i dont understand the second part which states:
bii) use the data above and your answer to part 1 to calculate the relative molecular mass, mr, of E. PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Can somebody please help me with this Q
When 0.47 g of E was completely burnt in air the heat produced raised the temperature of 200 g of water by 27.5°C assume no heat losses occurred during this experiment
bi) use the relevant data from the data booklet to calculate the amount of heat released in this experiment.
This part i understand. it requires for us to simply calculate energy using the formula Q=mc🔼theta and the ans comes out to be 23 kj/mol however i dont understand the second part which states:
bii) use the data above and your answer to part 1 to calculate the relative molecular mass, mr, of E. PLEASE HELP
you didn't mentioned the whole question statement
In the start it gives its standard enthalpy change of combustion = –2059 kJ mol–1.
As seeing the units
2059kJ mol-1 = 23kJ/ (x) moles
moles equal to 0.0111
For Mr
Mr=mass in g/moles
calculate and you will get the answer.

Reaction score
you didn't mentioned the whole question statement
In the start it gives its standard enthalpy change of combustion = –2059 kJ mol–1.
As seeing the units
2059kJ mol-1 = 23kJ/ (x) moles
moles equal to 0.0111
For Mr
Mr=mass in g/moles
calculate and you will get the answer.
*the question in my book does not state the enthalpy. the question mustve been incomplete then. anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH 😊