• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry V1 (discussion)

Reaction score
How about the question about the fermentation and combustion... what was the answer? was it fermentation of Glucose?

Reaction score
AOA! Here are some of my answers from chemistry paper 1 that I wanted to share with you guys...
for the vanadium oxide, I wrote V2O3 ----> V2O5 (option D)
for the salt and acid on the graph, I wrote "D"
for the colourless unreactive gas which was denser than air was "D"
for the chlorinating water I wrote 1&3 only which was drinking and in swimming pools.
for element Z and Y : I wrote that element Z had another outer shell with one electron "B"
for the groups that the compound belonged to, there were two such questions so for one I wrote that it had alkene and carboxylic group but NOT alcohol. And for the other one I wrote that it had both alkene and alcohol.
for the measuring thing on the first page I wrote P Q R and S.
for iron question I wrote that it is harder to electrolyse than copper.
the fractional distillation I wrote the hydrocarbons that had boiling point 70 degrees Celsius
then the one that didn't match was Naptha
the fertiliser was which had all NPK which was I think "C"
On the whole though the paper was too easy and I think it's going to bring the gt high. Many repeated questions....like 1/2 of the paper was repeated...
Anyways have an awesome holiday but don't forget to pray to Allah SWT! :)

Reaction score
AOA! Here are some of my answers from chemistry paper 1 that I wanted to share with you guys...
for the vanadium oxide, I wrote V2O3 ----> V2O5 (option D)
for the salt and acid on the graph, I wrote "D"
for the colourless unreactive gas which was denser than air was "D"
for the chlorinating water I wrote 1&3 only which was drinking and in swimming pools.
for element Z and Y : I wrote that element Z had another outer shell with one electron "B"
for the groups that the compound belonged to, there were two such questions so for one I wrote that it had alkene and carboxylic group but NOT alcohol. And for the other one I wrote that it had both alkene and alcohol.
for the measuring thing on the first page I wrote P Q R and S.
for iron question I wrote that it is harder to electrolyse than copper.
the fractional distillation I wrote the hydrocarbons that had boiling point 70 degrees Celsius
then the one that didn't match was Naptha
the fertiliser was which had all NPK which was I think "C"
On the whole though the paper was too easy and I think it's going to bring the gt high. Many repeated questions....like 1/2 of the paper was repeated...
Anyways have an awesome holiday but don't forget to pray to Allah SWT! :)

I agree with all the answers except the one with the measuring thing we did not need a measuring cylinder coz we needed balance to weigh the magnesium, thermometer for temp and like something else but we did not have to measue the liquid as we just added it in excess....so I put C and I hope its right XD

Reaction score
I agree with all the answers except the one with the measuring thing we did not need a measuring cylinder coz we needed balance to weigh the magnesium, thermometer for temp and like something else but we did not have to measue the liquid as we just added it in excess....so I put C and I hope its right XD

Yah but see they asked us about the concentration of acid and they said the student wanted to change it so every time we obviously have to measure the amount...it was also in one of the past papers no? Anyways it's okay I was also confused about this one and even if we get it wrong it's just one mark.

Reaction score
hey epiclol hw r u ...I thnk Ilost in chemistry overall (p1,3,6) like 30 marks total...can I get A?

Reaction score
Yah but see they asked us about the concentration of acid and they said the student wanted to change it so every time we obviously have to measure the amount...it was also in one of the past papers no? Anyways it's okay I was also confused about this one and even if we get it wrong it's just one mark.
Yes, you are right...
About your previous post, for the fractional distillation question, I am sure it is A though I don't understand which answer you wrote! ( We had the same question in our mock exam!)

Reaction score
plz reply my question

Reaction score
Yes, you are right...
About your previous post, for the fractional distillation question, I am sure it is A though I don't understand which answer you wrote! ( We had the same question in our mock exam!)
Yah A is correct! :) that's very good...so you must have just circled the answer without even thinking!

Reaction score
Yes, you are right...
wsnt fractional distillation fr the one whch is right ??

Reaction score
Anybody pplz answer my question plz...
AOA! Svenas..honestly? You really want me to answer that for you?? OFCOURSE you'll get an A* Inshallah! 30 marks overall in the 3 papers is nothing! Don't worry! :)