• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemo P5 tips

Reaction score
i guess he did a mistake 50/4 is 6.25 and not 12.5
that was the only confusing part.
i calculated it the other way round

Reactions: N.M
Reaction score
can anyone tell me..that in may/june 2007 question 1....it is written in marking scheme that connecting tube need not to be listed.? So! how we are going to collect the gas???

Reaction score
I
can anyone tell me..that in may/june 2007 question 1....it is written in marking scheme that connecting tube need not to be listed.? So! how we are going to collect the gas???
It says it doesnt have to be listed this doesnt mean that it wouldnt be used. By the way is a connecting tube same as a delivery tube ?

Reaction score
no replies to my previous questions please exam is tomorrow and i have no idea! please anyone i beg someone post me solved paper of may june 2012 varient 52
please please please!!

Reaction score
Salaam Alaykum guys,
Hope everyone's good, could someone please show me there diagram of the apparatus drawn on the May/June 2012 paper 52? please that would be great.

Reaction score
what should we do if there is 1 /v against p to find out initial slope . i m little confused about it . m/j 52 question no 2

Reaction score
Part 2 – solubility of cerium(IV) sulphate in sulphuric acid
In addition to the standard apparatus present in a laboratory you are provided with the
following materials.
5 mol dm–3 sulphuric acid
distilled water
solid cerium(IV) sulphate
Give a step-by-step description of how you would prepare a range of solutions of
sulphuric acid of different concentrations. These solutions could then be used to
investigate the solubility of cerium(IV) sulphate in different concentrations of sulphuric
acid. See section (e).
Your plan should include details of the following.
(i) the number and concentrations of the solutions to be prepared
(ii) the volumes of acid and water used to prepare the solutions
(iii) the apparatus and method you would use in their preparation

Can anyone please tell me how would we make different concentrations of H2So4. as in what volumes of water and acid could be used it says in MS that 60cm3 should be the vol of acid used?? it is )/n 08 q1

Reaction score
hey....this is zeebujha....forgot my old password....made a new one.......tnx for all the favorable comments.....am glad that i have helped.... :D

Reaction score
Got one year past year s10, p52, question 1, draw diagram for determining boiling point, WHY MUST THE BUKB OF THERMOMETER BE AT HALF OF THE LIQUID AND HALF AT SURFACE? PLEASE HELP :(

Reaction score
How do we know when to draw a line and when to draw curve? May 2013 says to draw a line of best fit but we are supposed to draw a curve as the MS says.

Reaction score
How do we know when to draw a line and when to draw curve? May 2013 says to draw a line of best fit but we are supposed to draw a curve as the MS says.
Just check out if the points are coming on a line if they are then well and good and if not see if u have a general curved pattern involving your points if it's there draw the curve and not line and make sure curve is smooth and does not deviate to allow even points that wud not be on line.