• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer studies ! Post your doubts here =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok so you're saying is we should study the booklets effectively and do at lease 3 year past papers which makes it 6 years past papers?
My project went 50/50 and I so want an A*.
Yes. I noticed that (at the time I was studying) many questions in the papers could easily be answered if you studied the booklets. And it's great that you got full in the project, I think about 60-65 in P1 should get you an A*. :)

Reaction score
Hmm, okay. There's many answers in the marking scheme. Here are some of them:

1. File management.
2. Handling interrupts.
3. Providing a user interface.
4. Networking
5. Memory management.

And you're welcome. :)
if you guys are talking about OS function then add this too
1. Handling Applications.
2. Multi-tasking
3. Batch processing
4. Multi-processing

Reaction score
Yes. I noticed that (at the time I was studying) many questions in the papers could easily be answered if you studied the booklets. And it's great that you got full in the project, I think about 60-65 in P1 should get you an A*. :)
and any paper solving tips other than one word questions not being allowed?

Reaction score
elaborations cuz one word answers r forbidden and what sthe difference between multitasking and multiprocessing and scheduling
They said state the tasks done in those questions... and even in the marking schemes they used 1 word answers to those parts. If they said explain, they you can just say something like "The OS is responsible for handling file-related tasks like copying files" etc.

Reaction score
Well I m aiming for 90's :p
And also tell me about Intranet would you, I always write that Intranet is a local network designed to share files on local area, mostly used in organizations. Is it wrong?

Reaction score
if you guys are talking about OS function then add this too
1. Handling Applications.
2. Multi-tasking
3. Batch processing
4. Multi-processing
whats the difference between : 2 each
blog and wiki
multiprocessing and multitasking
pharming and phishing

Reaction score
And also tell me about Intranet would you, I always write that Intranet is a local network designed to share files on local area, mostly used in organizations. Is it wrong?
Intranet also called Internal restricted area network is a private wan used by organizations... its in the booklets

Reaction score
No I think that's a good definition. Make sure you know a few differences between Intranet and Internet also.

Reaction score
blog and wiki
pharming and phishing

blog is written by a single user. while a wiki can be edited by anyone with permission to edit it..

lol trust me they won't ask such questions even if they are in our syllabus from now on.

Reaction score
Hmm, okay. There's many answers in the marking scheme. Here are some of them:

1. File management.
2. Handling interrupts.
3. Providing a user interface.
4. Networking
5. Memory management.

And you're welcome. :)
user interface is unacceptable in some marking schemes i mean i've done the past papers twice so i noticed and what do we write in spooling and handling interrupts... how to explain them

Reaction score
blog and wiki
pharming and phishing
1st one don't know
2nd Multiprocessing is processing different task like for e.g an application might need processing for sound and for picture etc. While multi-tasking is able to run more than one programme.
The fraudulent practice of directing Internet users to a bogus website that mimics the appearance of a legitimate one, in order to obtain personal information such as passwords, account numbers, etc while phising is the fraudulent practice of sending e-mails purporting to be from legitimate companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal info.

Reaction score
blog is written by a single user. while a wiki can be edited by anyone with permission to edit it..

lol trust me they won't ask such questions even if they are in our syllabus from now on.
blog can have more than one person posting ... i saw it on some website.
Why do you think they added these words?

Reaction score
ya it says sd in cameras and blu ray somewhere to but as far as i know bluray is a trade mark... infact thats all i know
blu rays are special disks, that can only be read by blu ray disk readers. they are better than DVDs (more memory, faster loading, maybe) but the most important use is that it prevents piracy, cannot be copied easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.