• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer studies ! Post your doubts here =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ya it says sd in cameras and blu ray somewhere to but as far as i know bluray is a trade mark... infact thats all i know
Yeah! It's an external storage device for storing multimedia files in Electronic devices.

Reaction score
lets hope they dont change that.. they already messed up r urdu paper :( i dont know how i will make the paper 3 system flowchart
Oh! You have to make a flow chart in Paper 3. It's must. No choice there, I was merely talking about Paper1

Reaction score
and name and reason for solid state and external hard drive? where r u doing the new additions from?

Reaction score
That's what I m saying :p
It's a storage card. It's used in devices to store multimedia files.

Salman do you have specific notes on hardware devices? Notes which contain info about Input/Output/Parallel/Serial/Primary Storage/Secondary Storage/RAM/ROM ?

Reaction score
t
From the booklet.
It must be solid so that it's easy to use while travelling
they rnt in the booklet!!! See my post about 2012 updates.... seriously u didnt know that we're the first ones appearing with this syllabus

Reaction score
and name and reason for solid state and external hard drive? where r u doing the new additions from?

they will never ask for name of solid state device .. no brand naming allowed in paper. :p

Reason would be Solid State is really fast in reading/writing.
Lasts longer than usual hard drives.

Reasons for External Storage
Portable
They Are Plug-n-play

Reaction score
Salman do you have specific notes on hardware devices? Notes which contain info about Input/Output/Parallel/Serial/Primary Storage/Secondary Storage/RAM/ROM ?
Why aren't u guys using the booklet? Here

Attachments

• 0420-NOS_AS_5.pdf
    96.8 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
i also need notes for storage devices can u give me 2 examples of solid state and external hard drive plz

Reaction score
they will never ask for name of solid state device .. no brand naming allowed in paper. :p

Reason would be Solid State is really fast in reading/writing.
Lasts longer than usual hard drives.

Reasons for External Storage
Portable
They Are Plug-n-play
names of devices... see the specimen paper

Reaction score
The only change is the one in defination section right? :eek:
Read this .. why do u think i'm going mad looking for definitions of podcast, bitstreaming etc etc etc

Attachments

• Syllabus updates for Cambridge schools 2012.pdf
    458.7 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
I prepared by studying from those booklets, studying from my teacher's notes, practicing algorithms and finally doing about 8 years of past papers. Paper went very well and got an A* by the grace of Allah. BTW, if you are not sure if something is in the syllabus, check the 2012 syllabus out. :p

It's an easy subject to score an A* in if you did the project too and scored high marks in that. :) When do you guys have your paper 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.