• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer studies ! Post your doubts here =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I prepared by studying from those booklets, studying from my teacher's notes, practicing algorithms and finally doing about 8 years of past papers. Paper went very well and got an A* by the grace of Allah. BTW, if you are not sure if something is in the syllabus, check the 2012 syllabus out. :p

It's an easy subject to score an A* in if you did the project too and scored high marks in that. :) When do you guys have your paper 1?
22nd May! Tips please, no time for past papers, I can do only few

Reaction score
I prepared by studying from those booklets, studying from my teacher's notes, practicing algorithms and finally doing about 8 years of past papers. Paper went very well and got an A* by the grace of Allah. BTW, if you are not sure if something is in the syllabus, check the 2012 syllabus out. :p

It's an easy subject to score an A* in if you did the project too and scored high marks in that. :) When do you guys have your paper 1?
tuesday and i take paper 3 and cant make a sytem flowchart .. the rest of the paper i can do well no probs in programming. Any tips or new algo questions cuz i've done the past paer like twice and any other notes?

Reaction score

which paper did you attended?

Reaction score
Do at least 3-4 years of past papers, 2011 backwards. The thing is, there are many questions which may be different, but are of the same nature and some even repeats, like name 3 processes an OS does. I think that has come in at least 5 papers and it's an easy 3-mark question. :p Also, attempt many algorithm/flowchart questions in the past papers. Chances are, if you have no problems with them, you won't have a problem in your paper unless they give a very tricky question, which is unlikely. Also, they can give questions that involve calculations like they did in our May 2011 paper. Make sure you know how to do them as well.

Otherwise, if you have read the booklets thoroughly and understand them, I think you should definitely be able to get an A. Give the syllabus a quick read to make sure you haven't missed out anything important. Pray and hope for the best. :)

Reaction score
algorithms? you mean pseudo codes? dude open past papers prior to 2000.. you will find pseudo codes which will blow your mind away ..
any specifics... also dont mind but your avatar seems like its mind got blown away ;p I love it though

Reaction score
bluefaced avater wats blu ray?=p in short?

well whatever i am telling its from my own knowledge so don't beleive every word of it :p

They are a modern type of external storage device which can hold large amounts of data of upto 50GB. :p

Reaction score
Do at least 3-4 years of past papers, 2011 backwards. The thing is, there are many questions which may be different, but are of the same nature and some even repeats, like name 3 processes an OS does. I think that has come in at least 5 papers and it's an easy 3-mark question. :p Also, attempt many algorithm/flowchart questions in the past papers. Chances are, if you have no problems with them, you won't have a problem in your paper unless they give a very tricky question, which is unlikely. Also, they can give questions that involve calculations like they did in our May 2011 paper. Make sure you know how to do them as well.

Otherwise, if you have read the booklets thoroughly and understand them, I think you should definitely be able to get an A. Give the syllabus a quick read to make sure you haven't missed out anything important. Pray and hope for the best. :)
the os question could u give me the ideal answer for that and thanks for your tips:)

Reaction score
Ok so you're saying is we should study the booklets effectively and do at lease 3 year past papers which makes it 6 years past papers?
My project went 50/50 and I so want an A*.

Reaction score
Hmm, okay. There's many answers in the marking scheme. Here are some of them:

1. File management.
2. Handling interrupts.
3. Providing a user interface.
4. Networking
5. Memory management.

And you're welcome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.