• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer studies ! Post your doubts here =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of computer definitions we have to remember ?

Reaction score
can somebody post all the Computer notes for the theory paper ?InshAllah will get an A* in the computer theory paper :)

Reaction score
can somebody post all the Computer notes for the theory paper ?InshAllah will get an A* in the computer theory paper :)
Here I Hope It May Help You :)

Attachments

• Section 1- Soc Eco Implications ..pdf
    179.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Section 2 - System Analysis and Design.pdf
    127.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Section 3 - Problem Solving.pdf
    260.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Section 4 - Software.pdf
    209.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Section 5 - Hardware.pdf
    125.8 KB · Views: 80
Reaction score
Here I Hope It May Help You :)

hey thanks , those are the booklets i am revising from currently , got any more of them ?

they don't have some stuff , like stuff on the Data Protection Acts and High Level/Low Level languages .. that's why i was looking for some alternatives ..

Reaction score
hey thanks , those are the booklets i am revising from currently , got any more of them ?

they don't have some stuff , like stuff on the Data Protection Acts and High Level/Low Level languages .. that's why i was looking for some alternatives ..
Google them. You'll find everything and more ...

Reaction score
q1)write two disadvantages of high level language?
q2)what do u understand by the term REDUNDANCIES,TACTICAL STRIKING and NEW TECH AGREEMENT?
q3) difference between low level language and machine code?
q4) difference between compiler and interpreter?(LIST three)?

Reaction score
q1)write two disadvantages of high level language?
q2)what do u understand by the term REDUNDANCIES,TACTICAL STRIKING and NEW TECH AGREEMENT?
q3) difference between low level language and machine code?
q4) difference between compiler and interpreter?(LIST three)?

Q1) High Level language is an language which is understandable by the humans.

1. High Level Languages needs a compiler/interpreter to convert the code from High Level language to low level language.
2. It is slow when processed by the computer as It has to be converted before the code/program is executed.

Well I am going to attach a file for High Level/Low level languages which should do you good :)

Code:
There was a problem uploading your file.

programming-language.doc

i am getting that error uploading over here ..

so here's the mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?silje57ucyjx71f

Reaction score
Redundancy : Someting which is no longer required !
New tech agreement : An agreement made by the company to fire or hire an employee on the basis of introduction of new technology !

Q3 low level still needs decryption while machine does not
Machine code only consists of binary numbers ! while low level language contains both

Q4 line by line in interpreter
whole in compiler
compler requires more memory
interpreter less memory
compiler error at the end of translation
interpreter errors in between translation

Hope It helped :D

Reaction score
Low Level requires an Assembler while Machine code does not.

With an interpreter the code needs to be converted every time the program is run while a compiler converts the code in one go into a Machine code so that the computer can run it directly.

Reaction score
Which Data Protection Act/Legislations come in Computer Studies paper??

Reaction score
I have three problems-
1. What is test strategy please help me to do it................
2. I have a field sexs where I put M and F lookup check. In my testing I typed in any letter the system accepts it. How to correct this?
3. What should you do for the technical documentation (chapter 16)

Reaction score
Guys check the Examiner Report for Nov 2011. Has alot of awesome information related to the project :)

Reaction score
I have three problems-
1. What is test strategy please help me to do it................
2. I have a field sexs where I put M and F lookup check. In my testing I typed in any letter the system accepts it. How to correct this?
3. What should you do for the technical documentation (chapter 16)

ANS1)TEST STRATEGY IS A PLAN TO TEST UR PROGRAM FOR ALL PROPER VALIDATION CHECKS AND
ACCEPTABILITY FOR CORRECT AND VALID DATA ONLY.IT IS DONE THROUGH INSERTING NORMAL(VALID) DATA FIRST
IF ACCEPTED THEN FOR NEXT STEP BY INSERTING ABNORMAL(INCORRECT) DATA IF ACCEPTED ,SOMETHING IS WRONG ELSE OK.
ANS2) I WOULD SUGGEST TO USE COMBO BOXES FOR GENDER SELECTION.IT WOULD BE MORE SUITABLE THAN TYPING.
ANS3) I DONT GOT UR QUESTION PROPERLY IF FOR PROJECT THEN TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION INCLUDES CODING FOR EACH FORM
AND FOR EACH BUTTON AND FLOWCHARTS TOO.

hope it helped ;)

Reaction score
For the question 2 I have combo box...but how to restrict the computer from accepting typed in data....for example- my gender field has to be selected either m or f....but during testing I got to know that it accepts typed in data too, like I typed j and it accepted it where it shouldn't. How do I make it only m and f selection and stop the system from accepting typed data

Reaction score
For the question 2 I have combo box...but how to restrict the computer from accepting typed in data....for example- my gender field has to be selected either m or f....but during testing I got to know that it accepts typed in data too, like I typed j and it accepted it where it shouldn't. How do I make it only m and f selection and stop the system from accepting typed data

ans) lock the field,and insert the combo box!!!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.