• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer studies ! Post your doubts here =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
List differences between Pharming And Phishing.. (I would prefer atleast 3 to 5 if possible :))

Pharming A hacking attack that intercepts browser
requests and redirects them to a fake website where the
attacker exposes the user to a phishing attack.

Phishing A theft of ID data by deception carried out by
sending an email or other sort of message, containing a
hyperlink to a fake clone of a legitimate website which
directs the user to enter their ID data.

these are defination diffrentiate yourself !!!:D

Reaction score
I i think , hd cards are not memory cards but it is the form of graphic cards from some sources i came across that hd cards are not for storing memory but to increase quality i.e high defination ,

heres is a list of all types of memory cards http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_card !!!
so if we are asked about the type of memory they use is it okay if we write solid state nonvolatile nand based
we got a similar question on mp3s so this might come this time. Please answer

Reaction score
so if we are asked about the type of memory they use is it okay if we write solid state nonvolatile nand based
we got a similar question on mp3s so this might come this time. Please answer

A removable module that contains non-volatile memory chips. the term typically refers to flash memory cards used for storage in digital cameras and other portable devices. The primary memory cards are SD cards . Memory sticks and compactFlash, with SD cards family being the most popular .
this statement is copied from a site , and therefore your answer is correct too:)

Reaction score
A removable module that contains non-volatile memory chips. the term typically refers to flash memory cards used for storage in digital cameras and other portable devices. The primary memory cards are SD cards . Memory sticks and compactFlash, with SD cards family being the most popular .
this statement is copied from a site , and therefore your answer is correct too:)
so it is solid state.. i surfed the net too but couldnt come across anything so hd cards are memory cards used for high definition storage of multimedia objects. Correct me if I am wrong?

Reaction score
what website and how r preparing?

Reaction score
so it is solid state.. i surfed the net too but couldnt come across anything so hd cards are memory cards used for high definition storage of multimedia objects. Correct me if I am wrong?

HD cards are not for memory storage but it is a successor of graphic card used to be installed in CPU for better quality of video, , so HD cards are too for having better picture and video quality in cameras !!! for cameras memory sd cards are much popular !!

Reaction score
what website and how r preparing?

Just practising 2010 and 2011 pastpaper ( all variants) and have to revise resource notes and take help from google for the topics not in resource notes,, for defination i usually refers http://www.techterms.com/ ... and also the published glossary of IGCSE it is very helpful !!!:)

how are u preparing ??o_O

Reaction score
HD cards are not for memory storage but it is a successor of graphic card used to be installed in CPU for better quality of video, , so HD cards are too for having better picture and video quality in cameras !!! for cameras memory sd cards are much popular !!
our syllabus states hd cards in cameras so i presume they are for storage

Reaction score
Just practising 2010 and 2011 pastpaper ( all variants) and have to revise resource notes and take help from google for the topics not in resource notes,, for defination i usually refers http://www.techterms.com/ ... and also the published glossary of IGCSE it is very helpful !!!:)

how are u preparing ??o_O
booklets and internet mostly... what devices is solid statea nd miniature hard drive used in

Reaction score
and mp3's marking scheme was
– type of EEPROM
– non-volatile memories
– solid state memories
– NAND based memories
– mini hard disk drives

rnt mininature hard drives and solid state opposite and it doesnt say potable cuz memories being portable is weird han device can be portable so which of the above applies to hd cards. Also can u name devices for miniature hard drives cuz solid state is used in mp3 players I ve checked the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.