• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer studies ! Post your doubts here =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
so if we get what type of memory is involved( like the one on mp3 recently) what will we write?
And if we are asked about the memory in digital cameras>?

Sorry to be bothering u:unsure::eek:o_O:confused:
Basically the memory used here is quite simple to the one used in mp3/4 players. Basically multimedia files are compressed from high memory formats like avi to mp3 or mp4.
Memory in digital cameras used compact flash memory for quick retirval of files

Reaction score
Basically the memory used here is quite simple to the one used in mp3/4 players. Basically multimedia files are compressed from high memory formats like avi to mp3 or mp4.
Memory in digital cameras used compact flash memory for quick retirval of files
simple?

Reaction score
Can you carry a memory card in your pocket and travel?
Anyways yeah! Simple, also include that they are non-volatile and NAND based memories.

Reaction score
where are you guys studying from for solid state, nand based memories and miniature hard disks?

I can't find them in booklet 5.

any notes please?

Reaction score

this link is for SDHC card which stands for Secure Digital High Capacity card , it is simillar to sd cards for storage ,, as its name it has high capacity usually more than 4gb for storing high quality pictures in its real form with out decreasing its picture quality !!!,,,,

In your link i could not find a word " HD card"s instead it is stated " HD video " it does not means it is similar to HD cards !!! o_O

Reaction score
this link is for SDHC card which stands for Secure Digital High Capacity card , it is simillar to sd cards for storage ,, as its name it has high capacity usually more than 4gb for storing high quality pictures in its real form with out decreasing its picture quality !!!,,,,

In your link i could not find a word " HD card"s instead it is stated " HD video " it does not means it is similar to HD cards !!! o_O
can i see ur link plz so i can be clear on it

Reaction score
5.1.2 The functions and
characteristics of storage
media
Candidates should have a good understanding of the operation of
internal memory devices such as RAM, ROM, hard disk.
Candidates should understand the operation and areas of application
for traditional external storage media such as CD-ROM, CD-RW and
DVD.
Candidates should understand the operation of other memory devices
such as:
– USB flash memories
– memory systems used in MP3/4 players
– HD cards in digital cameras
– use of modern devices in storing music and films (e.g. use of hard
drive which allows recordings to take place at the same time as
playing back files)
This is what the syllabus says... its under the topic of memories ... the internet seems to have nothing:(

Reaction score
this other person linkinpark on this forum just told me its solid state memory... i'm gonna lose it now... its confusing and annoying
well leave it and concentrate on other imp. topics ... hardly a 2 mark q. can come on it and you can gain one mark by writing it is a solid state memory used in digital cameras :p

Reaction score
see the long discussion above and what makes u so sure any proof /web site anything and i'll believe it
well i had searched it in 4 websites ...
and also in syllabus it is written HD cards used in digital cameras
so it is worth a common sense question that isnt it a storage card like an SD card ?
so if it is a storage card it has to be a solid state memory or optical :D

Reaction score
yeah .. it is a solid state memory because it is a storage card like XD and SD

please post the link if you are sure of it so that we can avoid confusion... computer exam is just way to come and at this level confusion can drown us down !!!

myself not sured too i also need to clear my confusion !! we all need help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.