• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Pls. can some1 post the solution for specimen P4! I need help in point 16-18. Iam stuck here! Pls. help me!!!
16-18... that's task C right?.. maybe someone else will be able to help you out

Iqra send me the link..
the question paper and source files are attached

Attachments

• 9713_y08_sp_4.pdf
    112.6 KB · Views: 9
  • source files A2 paper 2.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Plz Can u explain what does examiner meant by show Evidence of the removal of unnecessary code from
subroutines)
Selection.MoveLeft Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=40, Extend:=wdExtend
Do we have to show this in macro codes or not
I'm not sure what that means... can you tell me where it is written and I never actually tweaked much with the macro code (well sometimes I did), mostly I would just copy the whole thing for evidence

Reaction score
I'm not sure what that means... can you tell me where it is written and I never actually tweaked much with the macro code (well sometimes I did), mostly I would just copy the whole thing for evidence
It Says in OCTNOV 2011 In MArkScheme Its For 5marks

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.
i am facing another problem in P4 (Step 4) nov 2008. i dont understand that how am i suppose to set the conditional discount before i could calculate the total?
the discount is calculated basing on the discount code in cell D26 and the subtotal in cell E25, it is not depended on the gross total in cell E27

Reaction score
Create form/menu in the access and get buttons on it, use the button to call the form command so it can display results.
Also create a combo box or some other control so the user can select which results to be obtained when the button is pressed as per given in the question criteria.

Although this is irrelevant to the question you asked but as I've come to know, there is no menu in P4 M/J 2012. So you don't have to do it, if you are giving your exams in few days xD.

Hope this helped you...

Reaction score
the discount is calculated basing on the discount code in cell D26 and the subtotal in cell E25, it is not depended on the gross total in cell E27
yeah i understand that but what formula am i suppose to use and how? there are three conditions for the discount :-S

Reaction score
=IF(D26="a",E25*0,IF(D26="b",(E25*10)/100,(E25*15)/100))

This is the formula I used.. Hope it helps :)
Since we're in the same paper, do you know how to paste link in word?

Reaction score
Iqra send me the link..
I need help in task C and D of the specimen paper! Iam actually confused in the menu system! I have attached the files for specimen paper here!!

Attachments

• 9713_y08_su_4.zip
    8 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
I need help in task C and D of the specimen paper! Iam actually confused in the menu system! I have attached the files for specimen paper here!!
don't bother with specimen, I did complete it but I have really no solid idea on what I did... there are other papers, complete them. If you have completed those as well then experiment with some other stuffs. But you can try and have a look at how you can create a user/technical document in a short time like that asked in the paper... maybe you can attempt that using another question paper.

Reaction score
don't bother with specimen, I did complete it but I have really no solid idea on what I did... there are other papers, complete them. If you have completed those as well then experiment with some other stuffs. But you can try and have a look at how you can create a user/technical document in a short time like that asked in the paper... maybe you can attempt that using another question paper.
Thanx.

Reaction score
Pls. can some1 help me oct/nov 2008 paper. I need help in point 15. Iam not sure how are we suppose to do it. So pls some1 help me Iam stuck here!!!

Reaction score
Pls. can some1 help me oct/nov 2008 paper. I need help in point 15. Iam not sure how are we suppose to do it. So pls some1 help me Iam stuck here!!!

it is better if you copy the label created in step 13. Open the copied label (Rename to Autolabel) and then start recording macro. The steps are few so do so accordingly:
Start recording>got to Mailings> select Finish&Merge from Finish> select Edit individual documents...> Stop recording
basically, what I did here is to automate the creation of the label
the codes should be something like this:
|
|Sub Macro1()
|'
|' Macro1 Macro
|'
|'
| With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
| .Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
| .SuppressBlankLines = True
| With .DataSource