• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Discussion of English Paper 2; 24 hours have passed

Reaction score
i might score 20/20 in comprehension :D... forget the meanings though :p :p !! might get max.3 in those :/

Reaction score
(i) what did the WHOLE BUILDING and INTENTION mean? (2)
(ii) why did the writer think that these things were trivial before? (1)
(iii) Why did the writer describe the baby's requirement as "pitifully small"? (2)
(iv) What are the two aspects of the writer's behaviour that showed her nervousness after she was told her baby was well?? (2)

Reaction score
THE PAPER WAS AWESOME!

1.) What were the words for word/meaning ? I don't remember them all .. the ones i remember are.

Hardened - Became Louder
Summoning - Gathering
Tedious - Annoying
Preoccupied - Focused
I can't remember the last one which I wrote.

those are what i wrote for those words ^^ what were the other 4? I can't remember them right now.

2.) The Single word was Lethargy right? I wrote Lethargy.

3.) Pityfully Small is the only question which I am doubtful about or else everything went awesome!

Reaction score
THE PAPER WAS AWESOME!

1.) What were the words for word/meaning ? I don't remember them all .. the ones i remember are.

Hardened - Became Louder
Summoning - Gathering
Tedious - Annoying
Preoccupied - Focused
I can't remember the last one which I wrote.

those are what i wrote for those words ^^ what were the other 4? I can't remember them right now.

2.) The Single word was Lethargy right? I wrote Lethargy.

3.) Pityfully Small is the only question which I am doubtful about or else everything went awesome!
The other words I remember were, Copiously, Poignant
and I wrote Became firm for hardened.
Yes the word was lethargy :)

Reaction score
(iii) Why did the writer describe the baby's requirement as "pitifully small"? (2)
(iv) What are the two aspects of the writer's behaviour that showed her nervousness after she was told her baby was well?? (2)

i) The nurses had the support of the whole building while the writer was alone and had her intention with her with no one else there to support her.
ii) Because she was too occupied with the thought that Octavia was out of danger now and didn't think about these things then.
iii) I wrote that in the context (that she was to be operated) her requirements did not really matter and the main focus was on her operation.
iv) 1. She couldn't speak anything after she was told her baby was fine.
2. She asked to see Octavia once, but when she was told she couldn't she didn't ask twice and returned home

Reaction score
i) The nurses had the support of the whole building while the writer was alone and had her intention with her with no one else there to support her.
ii) Because she was too occupied with the thought that Octavia was out of danger now and didn't think about these things then.
iii) I wrote that in the context (that she was to be operated) her requirements did not really matter and the main focus was on her operation.
iv) 1. She couldn't speak anything after she was told her baby was fine.
2. She asked to see Octavia once, but when she was told she couldn't she didn't ask twice and returned home
i dont know how you guys came up with the "support" idea. i just wrote the nurses in possession had all the patients to take care with but the writer just wanted her baby with her

Reaction score
I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MARKING SCHEME and COMPARE MY ANSWERS WITH THE REAL ANSWERS. At the same time, I will calculate my mistakes and my marks for paper 2. (and also compare it with my grade after the result came out). I have November exam chance though!

Reaction score
answer 1
whole building means the entire staff of the hospital
and intention means strong will or firm decision that she had made
answer2
cz before life of octavia was more of a concern
answer 3
i wrote cz the baby is so small that she dznt need much but i m unsure abt my answer
answer4
she didnt ask to meet the baby again
and she thought she got the wrong data or wrong name
nd umm u didnt ask but most ppl r talking abt it so lemme tell that one word was lethargy :)

Reaction score
I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MARKING SCHEME and COMPARE MY ANSWERS WITH THE REAL ANSWERS. At the same time, I will calculate my mistakes and my marks for paper 2. (and also compare it with my grade after the result came out). I have November exam chance though!
but mark schemes will cum after our result, no?

Reaction score
v had to write meanings to five words, ryt? i can only remember doing copiously, summoning, hardened .
so plz can sum one tell all 8 words that were given in option??

Reaction score
So bad :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( I don't expect star :(:(
I didn't write lethargy by lying:(
Pitiful small I wrote like baby it's requirements were less and her mother felt symphony for her.is it right?
Why were nurses nervous I wrote their were inexperienced cus it was written junior nurses ...............how ould u tell senior nurse was irritated cus she was pushing writer and forcing her to go outside?
Summary ok I guess ticked second box
One opion perhaps smith and the other obesity
Family excursions amusement park and camping
Plstell me I'm right us I expect a B and feel so depressed I messed up major is speech too:(:(:(:(

Reaction score
I wrote support thing nurses had other nurses whereas she was fighting alone for her baby and had no support

Reaction score
i wrote appropriate for appointed,do u people think that its right?
i dunt think so cz appointed tym makes sense more of an apointment cz the nurses gave the author a time to return bck. so appointed most probably meant already given or pre determined time

Reaction score
I wrote support thing nurses had other nurses whereas she was fighting alone for her baby and had no support
omg this su****** i wrote the nurses had the patients to take care with and the writer had only wanted her baby with her. :cry::cry::cry: