• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Are you new to this chapter? Otherwise I recommend you to focus only on strategic management and marketing.
Strategic management isn't that important you know, i mean you just need to have knowledge of the different matrixs or the swot pest analysis so you can provide their references in the answers.

Reaction score
Strategic management isn't that important you know, i mean you just need to have knowledge of the different matrixs or the swot pest analysis so you can provide their references in the answers.

Sometimes there are two questions based on strategic management in the second section carries 20 marks.

Reaction score
Saiyan and redapple20

i have attached the image that will help you both in understanding on how to calculate the est and lft, hope this helps:

v7h108.jpg
Oye can you explain to me the difference between total float and free float. I mean i know what the difference is but I cant think of it logically :s

Reaction score
Sometimes there are two questions based on strategic management in the second section carries 20 marks.
Like? The question usually focus on the other 5 sections :s As i said, reference has to be provided. If a question asks for marketing strategy, you need to mention ansoff, boston matrix. But the main focus would be on marketing mix, marketing strategy etc. Right?

Reaction score
Like? The question usually focus on the other 5 sections :s As i said, reference has to be provided. If a question asks for marketing strategy, you need to mention ansoff, boston matrix. But the main focus would be on marketing mix, marketing strategy etc. Right?

You are right.

Reaction score
I think my battery is also down, tomorrow's the horrifying accounting paper-32. Need some rest.

Reaction score
Oye can you explain to me the difference between total float and free float. I mean i know what the difference is but I cant think of it logically :s

total float shows the time an activity can be delayed so that the whole project finish time is not effected where as free float shows the time an activity can be delayed with altering the starting time of the next activity.

take the example of the above img, take node 5,

free float= 32 - 6 - 20 = 6 days this activity can be delayed which will not change the starting time of activity G, as G has to start at 32nd day.
total float of node 6 = 35 - 14 - 20 = 1 day this activity can be delayed which will not change the project finish time although it might alter other activities starting date but for that we will need to calculate free float again.

Feeling damn sleepy

Reaction score
Please can anyone clear my doubt
In Paper 31 oct/nov 2011 business studies there is a question 4 that indirectly requires us to calculate price elasticity of demand.
In the mark scheme they have used a different formula
like %change in p/% change in q.
Shouldnt it be the other way round
please if anyone has done the working let me know

For LPC...
Original Qty=600,000(630,000-30,000)
New Qty=630,000

%chnge in qty wil b (630k-600k/600k)*100
so ans wil b 5%.
As price decrease by 10% qty increase by 5% so put in formula i.e
%chng in qty/%chng in prce.
5%/10% =0.5

mark schme also showing the same ans

Reaction score
total float shows the time an activity can be delayed so that the whole project finish time is not effected where as free float shows the time an activity can be delayed with altering the starting time of the next activity.

take the example of the above img, take node 5,

free float= 32 - 6 - 20 = 6 days this activity can be delayed which will not change the starting time of activity G, as G has to start at 32nd day.
total float of node 6 = 35 - 14 - 20 = 1 day this activity can be delayed which will not change the project finish time although it might alter other activities starting date but for that we will need to calculate free float again.

Feeling damn sleepy
Thanks mate, that was helpful :) Whoes your teacher btw?

Reaction score
For LPC...
Original Qty=600,000(630,000-30,000)
New Qty=630,000

%chnge in qty wil b (630k-600k/600k)*100
so ans wil b 5%.
As price decrease by 10% qty increase by 5% so put in formula i.e
%chng in qty/%chng in prce.
5%/10% =0.5

mark schme also showing the same ans
Thank youu so muchh :)