• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
There r two things this thread is reminding me of! 1 in stats the tree diagram 2in physics nodes and null circuits!

Reaction score
13th.....i thnk its C....coz the question requires the most the bank will lend....
here for 2:1.... if current asset is maximum (72000)... then for the required ratio, current liabilities shud be 36000...
to make that 36000....if trade payables are minimum, then the bank OD is max...so 36000-12000=24000(max bank OD)....
i guess so.. :)

Reaction score
the value at the beginning is the initial value. the value at the end is called the scrap value. for average investment, they take the average of the initial & final value, how does that not make sense? :p
J11(33)/11, yeah a teacher I talked to also said that it should be A & not B
coz when i studied investment chapter we always deducted residual value from investment.........!
j11(33)....so what do i do here.....coz MS says B and not A.....isn't the amount that is paid next year supposed to be written down as notes.......like current year proposed dividend which will be paid next year!

Reaction score
14 no idea :p for 18, the cost will now be divided by more completed units, therefore the unit cost will be decreasing.
J10(33): for 1 its 880+62-17-(123-107), (17 is Profit on Disposal not loss :p)
for 11, theres no calculation just straightforward. 26, calculate the variance for both products: for P it'll be 2 x [3(1200) - 3500] = 200 fav & for Z it'll be 1.5 x [6(1200) - 7500] = 450 adv so Total would be 250 adv
thanks!

Reaction score
I'm making an updated cashbook so I don't understand this thingy:
Can anyone explain?
C tench's deposit account balance of 1400 was transferred into his bank current account. How would we do it?

Reaction score
Well I never heard or saw anything about deducting Scrap Value until now. For June 2011(33), what can I say, CIE are sooooooo..... just see the examiner report for question 11, the question just before 12. They have themselves explained the whole treatment themselves & then contradicted the treatment themselves in the right next question. $#%@! :mad:
"Any proposed dividends are ignored under IAS1 and shown in the accounts by way of a note"
omg ur right...they say..
This is an example of changes occurring as a result of IAS1 and the impact of dividends paid and payable.
Under IAS1 only dividends actually paid in the accounting year are included in the financial statements for
the year. It doesn’t matter to which year they relate. They can be interim dividends paid in the current
financial year or, as in this case the final dividend in respect of the previous financial year payable in the current year. Any proposed dividends are ignored under IAS1 and shown in the accounts by way of a
note. This is an important change, which effectively means that dividends are treated on a cash basis rather
than an accruals basis. Teachers need to take note of this change as it is something which may well occur
in future structured questions.