• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
WaleedUQ, Saad Ghori, wajiman & Saiyan, if June 2007:4 comes in paper tmoro, will you do A or C?

Answer will remain A.

Let me explain to you all. This took me a few minutes but I understood it. Firstly observe there has been an existing share premium account. This means that ordinary shares were issued at a premium. According to the rule when an there has been an existing share premium which is higher than the premium redeemed then the premium paid on redemption is financed from the share premium account. If the share premium redeemed exceeds the amount originally issued then the excess amount is charged in the premium account.

I really enjoyed your question! Ask more.

Reaction score
Answer will remain A.

Let me explain to you all. This took me a few minutes but I understood it. Firstly observe there has been an existing share premium account. This means that ordinary shares were issued at a premium. According to the rule when an there has been an existing share premium which is higher than the premium redeemed then the premium paid on redemption is financed from the share premium account. If the share premium redeemed exceeds the amount originally issued then the excess amount is charged in the premium account.

there is also another condition that share premium will only be used if there is new issue of share, so the answer will be C.

Reaction score
Answer will remain A.

dude you need to correct ur facts..
We just cant assume everything.
it is clearly written in IAS and syllabus that if shares are redeem at premium and issued at premium it'll be provided in the question.
Just follow the new rules don't use ur own knowledge

Reaction score

here is the answer:

First lets calculate the depreciation: $100,000/5 years = $20,000
we will then add the capitalization cost to it as it is a further investment in the asset.
so total balance sheet value is $150,000 - $20,000 (as it is one year the sales has commenced, meaning that the asset was bought 1 year b4) so we will subtract the depreciation = $130,000

Profit and Loss account, we will ignore the Research expenditure in Investment Appraisal as it is a sunk cost but will charge it in the P and L account as it is an expense. so research expenditure + depreciation = Expense charged in P and L:

$30,000 + $20,000 = $50,000

answer is C, check through mark scheme