• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
no no ..... i don't do that....u compare lifo, fifo and avco's closing stock and take the lowest!!
but A BUSINESS HAS TO JUST FOLLOW ONE ACCOUNTING INVENTORY VALUATION FOR SIMILAR STOCKS AND SO JUST ONE.....LIFO IS NOW NT DER IN OUR SYLLABUS...AND SO AFTER TAKING A VLAUTION METHOD WE COMPARE IT WITH THE SELLING PRICE I GUESS AND THE FOLLOW THE PRINCIPLE OF INVENTORY VALUATION....LOWER OF THE STOCK ANND NET REALISABLE VALUE...

Reaction score
but A BUSINESS HAS TO JUST FOLLOW ONE ACCOUNTING INVENTORY VALUATION FOR SIMILAR STOCKS AND SO JUST ONE.....LIFO IS NOW NT DER IN OUR SYLLABUS...AND SO AFTER TAKING A VLAUTION METHOD WE COMPARE IT WITH THE SELLING PRICE I GUESS AND THE FOLLOW THE PRINCIPLE OF INVENTORY VALUATION....LOWER OF THE STOCK ANND NET REALISABLE VALUE...

could you like show me the notes related to what u r saying?

Reaction score
how to solve this mcq??? the ans is B.

View attachment 14008
Hello my friend!!!

BRO we have to find out the value of each ordinary share.....Thus,as they say that every $1 of loan will get converted into $! of ordinary share capital......Means that the total value of convertible loan stock is equal to the value of the additional ordinary share which will be added....

Thus,,,,, 1500+600=2100 this is the new amount of ordinary share capital.....

and 2100-210 as we deduct will = to 1890......and so each share value =1890/2100 which is equal to 0.90 per share.....and so guess u understood...chal bye ttyl!!!!gtg

:))) ":) :) :)

Reaction score
Economics

AssalamuAlaikum wr wb! :)
So, i recently started with the syllabus of A2 economics, and i figured out the essay questions for paper 4 require a totally different approach than those in paper 2. Can someone guide me on how to tackle those questions? Much obliged i'll be! :)

Reaction score
Economics

AssalamuAlaikum wr wb! :)
So, i recently started with the syllabus of A2 economics, and i figured out the essay questions for paper 3 require a totally different approach than those in paper 2. Can someone guide me on how to tackle those questions? Much obliged i'll be! :)
Hey paper 4 economics has essay question,,paper 3 has mcq's....ok

Reaction score
Ah! Typo actually! :p I'll make ammendments then! ;)
Anyway, have you got any clue how to solve the P4 essay types?
You need to practice out each and every question from the past paper and once you are clear about the content only then move on to past papers thats what i have learned......and foucs more on paper 4 nt 3.....even m ddoing my a levels.....bt its a suggestion.....anything you would suggest me.....any ideas how to do eco,b.s or accounts,,,,..reply

Reaction score
The thing about pastpapers is alright, but i have just started - Just started - with the A2 syllabus. And even if i know the contents of the question, i don't think i could possibly attempt the question without knowing the "How to?"
Did i make myself clear enough? :)
P.S. I only take Economics - not Business Studies or Accounting.

Reaction score
The thing about pastpapers is alright, but i have just started - Just started - with the A2 syllabus. And even if i know the contents of the question, i don't think i could possibly attempt the question without knowing the "How to?"
Did i make myself clear enough? :)
P.S. I only take Economics - not Business Studies or Accounting.
Ok brother...got it

Reaction score
Very well then! :)
Nibz Could you pay a humble visit here? I dunno what subjects you study, but you seem to be *good* enough at everything! ;)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Very well then! :)
Nibz Could you pay a humble visit here? I dunno what subjects you study, but you seem to be *good* enough at everything! ;)

Welcome back milady!

The trick is simple: Look at the command words in the question first. Then go on to identify the areas that are relevant to economics. And write your answer accordingly.
You should know that Paper 4 essay questions cover a 'topical issue'. Recognizing this 'topical issue' should help you decide what to stress in your essay. Draw diagrams relevant to that topic. And 20+ marks are in your pocket.

Also, part (a) of the essay question usually starts with the word 'explain' to emphasize to you that you must analyse. Here, you recognise what is important and relate it to your knowledge.
And the (b) part commonly starts with 'discuss' and will require you to evaluate. Here, you compare a number of possible views about an issue and weigh up their importance.

And that's all. Congratulations, you've become an A-grader. Treat?

Reaction score
Welcome back milady!

The trick is simple: Look at the command words in the question first. Then go on to identify the areas that are relevant to economics. And write your answer accordingly.
You should know that Paper 4 essay questions cover a 'topical issue'. Recognizing this 'topical issue' should help you decide what to stress in your essay. Draw diagrams relevant to that topic. And 20+ marks are in your pocket.

Also, part (a) of the essay question usually starts with the word 'explain' to emphasize to you that you must analyse. Here, you recognise what is important and relate it to your knowledge.
And the (b) part commonly starts with 'discuss' and will require you to evaluate. Here, you compare a number of possible views about an issue and weigh up their importance.

And that's all. Congratulations, you've become an A-grader. Treat?
Wow!!!thats amazing

Reaction score
Welcome back milady!....Treat?

Thankyou! (Oh thankyou!) so much Nibz!! :D This has brought me such a relief! ;)
One thing that is still buzzing in my mind out here - Are the marks worth considering? You know the 15 mark or 10 mark or 13 marks allocation thing - Does it place an impact on how much you have to write? For what i think, it must not, because most of what the answer would consist of is the explanation! Your views required, Your Highness! :D

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Thankyou so much Nibz!! :D This has brought me such a relief! ;)
One thing that is still buzzing in my mind out here - Are the marks worth considering? You know the 15 mark or 10 mark or 13 marks allocation thing - Does it place an impact on how much you have to write? For what i think, it must not, because most of what the answer would consist of is the explanation! Your views, Your Highness! :D

Length matters less than quality; still, it is very unlikely that a one-page answer for a 15-marks question will earn you above 10-12 marks. Just don't leave any of your explanations incomplete, and you can rest assured that your answer is adequate.

I'd suggest that you stick to books only, for now. Once you get the grip of the concepts, start practicing past papers.