• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
AOA

i am in quite a difficult position, so i was hoping that anyone of you could help me.

the fact is that i am an AS student, and i have chosen the following subjects for my A level : physics, chemistry, maths, economics and GP
the problem lies with the fact that i was not previously an economics student, and its been 2 weeks since my classes have started. The problem is that i am still not sure whether to continue with economics or not, as my teacher continuously goes on dictating notes and although she explains most of it, i am afraid that i will have to do a great amount of studies for economics on my own, which will take up most of my time i could utilise for other subjects, affecting other subjects' grades.

My question is: Is economics easy enough to be handled by myself along with other subjects?? Or should i drop Economics?

Please share your views promptly, desperately in need of help.
Well I didn't have economics in O levels as well, you see, it's easy. You just need to focus and grab the concept. A little hard work and self dedication towards the subject is required. What I've learned through my Cambridge experience is that even the best teacher can't make you a master in the subject, until and unless you're yourself willing to do so. If you don't have interest in that subject, leave it. If you think you can cope up '5' subjects, then it's up to you. We can merely advice you.

Reaction score
Well I didn't have economics in O levels as well, you see, it's easy. You just need to focus and grab the concept. A little hard work and self dedication towards the subject is required. What I've learned through my Cambridge experience is that even the best teacher can't make you a master in the subject, until and unless you're yourself willing to do so. If you don't have interest in that subject, leave it. If you think you can cope up '5' subjects, then it's up to you. We can merely advice you.
thnx yar!

Reaction score
the same problem i got
im also on my A levels taking maths,physics and buisness and accounting but the fact is i didnt take them last year and many suggestions for me to repeat beacuse i dont know the basis of it,the school now is 2 weeks ahead and im still stuck in this decision... i've tried each way but all i think is just wrong...any ideas,would be helpful :)

thank you
appreciate it xx

Reaction score
the same problem i got
im also on my A levels taking maths,physics and buisness and accounting but the fact is i didnt take them last year and many suggestions for me to repeat beacuse i dont know the basis of it,the school now is 2 weeks ahead and im still stuck in this decision... i've tried each way but all i think is just wrong...any ideas,would be helpful :)

thank you
appreciate it xx
which field have you chosen to follow after your studies?

Reaction score

U didnt take eco at o-levels ...
What is ur AS/A levels result in eco?

Reaction score
help me freinds in accouting 9706/41 question 1 the calculations in the balance sheet of capital accounts!!

Attachments

• New Microsoft Office Word Document.docx
    103.2 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
1.what is da difference between Quantity Demanded and Quantity demand
And also,2. quantity demanded and shift in demand curve
in addition ,3.what is joint supply (plz explain with example)
jazakallah in advance

Reaction score
1.what is da difference between Quantity Demanded and Quantity demand
And also,2. quantity demanded and shift in demand curve
in addition ,3.what is joint supply (plz explain with example)
jazakallah in advance
Check your Inbox for the first answer.
Quantity demanded is the amount of goods that a consumer demands. While Shifts in demand curve are caused due to determinants such as change in Income, substitutes of that goods, Change in taste, change in fashion etc.

Reaction score
Guys please help me with this question

The following information relates to the fixed assets of a business.
$
Cost at 1 April 2002 _ 32000
Accumulated depreciation at 1 April 2002 _ 13600
Fixed assets purchased in year ended 31 march 2003 _ 7000
Depreciation charged for the year ended 31 march 2003 _ 4200

Depreciation is calculated on the reducing balance basis at the rate of 30%. What was the net book value of the assets that were disposed of in the year ended 31 march 2003?

Reaction score

$

Depreciation is calculated on the reducing balance basis at the rate of 30%. What was the net book value of the assets that were disposed of in the year ended 31 march 2003?
Depreciation for the first year:
32000-13600=18400 x 30% = 5520
Then we purchased another Non-current (Fixed) asset for $7000
So total non-current Assests = $7000 + $32000 =39000
Therefore depreciation = 39000 - (13600+5520)
=19880 x 30% = 5964.
Therefore net book value =
39,000 - 25084 = 13916.

P.S: your question is 'very' unclear. Is it from the past papers?

Reaction score

$

Depreciation-2002:
32000-13600=18400 x 30% = 5520
Dep-2003=4200
Total dep: 4200+5520=9720
cost=39000
nbv= 29280