• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
uhmmm if someone could explain to me the diagram for quotas and how it affects consumer, producer surplus and creates deadweight loss....that be great... :/

Reaction score
Can somebody explain marshall lerners and J curve? :/
they are techniques used to measure the success by a devaluation of currency. Marshall Lerner is a condition that states that the devaluation of currency will only be successful if the sum of the elasticities of imports and exports are GREATER THAN 1. J curve is similar to the marshal lerner, but here, as soon as the currency is devalued, the current account goes in a deficit in the short run, but as time passes the deficit turns into a surplus in the long run! simple as that!

Reaction score
uhmmm if someone could explain to me the diagram for quotas and how it affects consumer, producer surplus and creates deadweight loss....that be great... :/
QUOTAS are an upper limit to the amount of goods that can be imported into the country. It is a supply factor. For quota there isn't any proper diagram, just that the supply curve shifts inwards (towards the left) and becomes PERFECTLY INELASTIC (vertical sloping supply curve).

Last edited:
Reaction score
same paper
View attachment 43404
ans is B , i am getting 70, which is D
View attachment 43403
ans is C
how??
Q28-Examiners report-
Question 28
Candidates were asked to calculate the accounting rate ofreturn in relation to a project. This involved not
only adding up the cash inflows, which was the response most candidates opted for, but deducting the
capital cost; working out the average profit and dividing this by the average investment to calculate a
percentage return
in short u FORGOT DEP

Reaction score
same paper
View attachment 43404
ans is B , i am getting 70, which is D
View attachment 43403
ans is C
how??
Q23- It is C because, if materials are limited, you will want to know how much you can produce before you move onto other budgets.
Basically, without knowing how much to produce, you will not know how much to purchase, how much overheads will be incured, and how much cash will be paid..

Reaction score
Q23- It is C because, if materials are limited, you will want to know how much you can produce before you move onto other budgets.
Basically, without knowing how much to produce, you will not know how much to purchase, how much overheads will be incured, and how much cash will be paid..
where cash and cash equivalents come in cash flow statement?

Reaction score
Yc3sAcc.png

Can someone explain how its C?
O/N/2012 V32