• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Using a production possibility curve show how opportunity cost can be used to show the trade offs involved?
i tried answering it but the answer seems too obvious and short, Answr: The production possibilty curve slopes downward and to the right. this represents the opportunity cost of increasin the output x at the expense of good y, this shows that in order to increase the output of x some output of y will need to be reduced. should i be just more specific with the graph like by adding about the x axis and y axis, or there are things that i am lacking? how do i write an answer worth 8 marks? what other points am i lacking? i just started studying it and am new to a levels so cant figure out how to write it,
To wrtie an 8 marks answer you have marks splitted into 2 (4+4), So 4 marks you'll get for your intro which is PPC than tell what is opportunity cost.After that connect with the case.So in this question you can show how opportunity cost will affect the production of the 2 goods.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Is everyone finished with their syllabus for economics?
Im freaking out as exams are close and im still not done. And also how important is AS level information for paper 3 and 4

Reaction score
i am almost done just some revision remaining for last chapter ( policies )

Is everyone finished with their syllabus for economics?
Im freaking out as exams are close and im still not done. And also how important is AS level information for paper 3 and 4

Reaction score
HELP ME GUYS I HAVE A GENERAL QUESTION REGARDING ASSESSMENT OBJECTIVES. I CANT UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APPLICATION AND ANALYSIS PART PLS HELP ME

Reaction score
HELP ME GUYS I HAVE A GENERAL QUESTION REGARDING ASSESSMENT OBJECTIVES. I CANT UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APPLICATION AND ANALYSIS PART PLS HELP ME
check the candidate response booklet, analysis would be discussion of a concept, application is to use an actual example from within the case study or from the material you have studied

Reaction score
I haven't even started revising....
use the candidate response booklets, redspot and qamar jamal answers to get you through, the comparison between the candidate response booklets, qamar baloch and redspot will give you an idea as to how to go about your answers
the video link below (contains both macro and micro)
www.mruniversity.com/courses/principles-economics-microeconomics/calculate-elasticity-demand-formula

along with the khan academy should help speed up your revision but practicing answers AND then checking/analysing them is a MUST, otherwise the brain will not retain the information for more than a few days

Last edited:
Reaction score
use the candidate response booklets, redspot and qamar jamal answers to get you through, the comparison between the candidate response booklets, qamar jamal and redspot will give you an idea as to how to go about your answers
www.mruniversity.com/courses/principles-economics-microeconomics/calculate-elasticity-demand-formula

along with the khan academy should help speed up your revision but practicing answers AND then checking/analysing them is a MUST, otherwise the brain will not retain the information for more than a few days
I've seen a few mark schemes, but they're too vague. Like they just give an idea what should be in the question. Is it enough for self-assessing my answer?
And I've heard redspot is not so good. I haven't got any complete written answers, just the mark schemes.

Reaction score
use the candidate response booklets, redspot and qamar jamal answers to get you through, the comparison between the candidate response booklets, qamar jamal and redspot will give you an idea as to how to go about your answers

I'm relatively better at microeconomics. The thing that haunts me is macroeconomics, so any helpful links for that?

Reaction score
I'm relatively better at microeconomics. The thing that haunts me is macroeconomics, so any helpful links for that?
http://www.mruniversity.com/courses/principles-economics-macroeconomics
https://www.khanacademy.org/#/economics-finance-domain --- macro & micro .... i mentioned khanacademy earlier
https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance ---- in this the 1.Banking and Money, 2.Chinese Currency and US-debt, 3.Foreign-exchange/trade will be relevant

Reaction score
I've seen a few mark schemes, but they're too vague. Like they just give an idea what should be in the question. Is it enough for self-assessing my answer?
And I've heard redspot is not so good. I haven't got any complete written answers, just the mark schemes.
no one ever explains why redspot is not good (actually it is good enough), compare it to the marking scheme, analyze the Red Spot answers, do the same with Qamar Baloch's answers .. both Qamar Baloch and Redspot can be purchased at any store .. Qamar Baloch is also on this site

use the Candidate Response Booklets -- these are the ones in which the CIE put forward the answers of students who get good, okay and bad marks, i have given the link in message #8403 above

Reaction score
no one ever explains why redspot is not good (actually it is good enough), compare it to the marking scheme, analyze the Red Spot answers, do the same with Qamar Baloch's answers .. both Qamar Baloch and Redspot can be purchased at any store .. Qamar Baloch is also on this site

use the Candidate Response Booklets -- these are the ones in which the CIE put forward the answers of students who get good, okay and bad marks, i have given the link in message #8403 above
Thank you!!!