• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/... AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_s09_qp_1.pdf
Could any1 solve my following doubts in this paper. The link is above:
q.6 ans is A
q.19 ans. is B
Thanx in advance!!:)

in question 6, u have the credit sales 80000 and add to the 5000 because it says that the goods are despatched to the customers, which means that they received the goods and so, we made sales, ( 80000+5000 = 85000 ) and for the sale or return basis, it said that the business didnt sell them, which means no sales for them and it was included in the actual amount of sale, where we have to remove it ( 85000-10000 = 75000 ) and of course we use the invoice price, as its the value of sales....

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/... AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_s09_qp_1.pdf
Could any1 solve my following doubts in this paper. The link is above:
q.6 ans is A
q.19 ans. is B
Thanx in advance!!:)

Mcq no.6:

add credit sales to Goods dispatched to customers in November 2008 and invoiced in December 2008 ( invoiced goods are always sales and cannot be returned once invoiced) less Goods included in sales for November 2008 on a sale or return basis, but only sold in December 2008. Goods on sale and return basis are not regarded as sales until the purchase has been realized and as we are finding sales, this means the profit markup or margin would be present in the cost so we will subtract the invoice price and not the cost price.

mcq no.19:

its a repeated mcq and has already been discussed over here:
http://www.xtremepapers.com/communi...st-your-doubts-here.10459/page-69#post-262421

Reaction score
Hey
Can anyone give me some good notes for cost-volume-profit analysis and also profit/volume charts.
I jus noticed them in the syllabus and my book doesn give much detail about it.

Reaction score
i know the answer but for ppl who want to understand
91883194138284098178.png

Reaction score
wajiman
may u plz help me in this
I know that it might be silly, but the exam time is 1 hour 30 mins for paper 2, i barely finish the exam at 1 hour 25 mins and i take time for making such accounting format etc.
what is the one acceptable in the exam??
when i was doing my IG exam, i used the first one, and took time and too much space for the answer, my hand writing was so small to fit into the boxes, i dont know what to do?
plz help
thnx in advance :)

Reaction score
wajiman
may u plz help me in this
I know that it might be silly, but the exam time is 1 hour 30 mins for paper 2, i barely finish the exam at 1 hour 25 mins and i take time for making such accounting format etc.
what is the one acceptable in the exam??
when i was doing my IG exam, i used the first one, and took time and too much space for the answer, my hand writing was so small to fit into the boxes, i dont know what to do?
plz help
thnx in advance :)
sorry, i forgot to upload the file :S
scripts are very annoying :S

Attachments

• 20120521641.jpg
    20120521641.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
in question 6, u have the credit sales 80000 and add to the 5000 because it says that the goods are despatched to the customers, which means that they received the goods and so, we made sales, ( 80000+5000 = 85000 ) and for the sale or return basis, it said that the business didnt sell them, which means no sales for them and it was included in the actual amount of sale, where we have to remove it ( 85000-10000 = 75000 ) and of course we use the invoice price, as its the value of sales....
Mcq no.6:

add credit sales to Goods dispatched to customers in November 2008 and invoiced in December 2008 ( invoiced goods are always sales and cannot be returned once invoiced) less Goods included in sales for November 2008 on a sale or return basis, but only sold in December 2008. Goods on sale and return basis are not regarded as sales until the purchase has been realized and as we are finding sales, this means the profit markup or margin would be present in the cost so we will subtract the invoice price and not the cost price.

mcq no.19:

its a repeated mcq and has already been discussed over here:
http://www.xtremepapers.com/communi...st-your-doubts-here.10459/page-69#post-262421
Thanx 2 both!!:)