• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I would suggest you to write it in theory form!!i mean ya you may have heard many saying make columns and all that bt the truth is that it is a childish way!!!now you are in as level and only applicable theory knowldge has to be well represnted with proper application and examples!!and so if u were in IGCSE the columnar format be probably be the best!!bt not in this case!!.:)
Evaluation is very important wherever required in BS
I know that your not suppose to write in columns, i was talking about paragraphs, do i compare them or write everything about them at first and then another.

Reaction score
No compare them!!!srry
So if the question is :what is the difference betwene private sector and public sector?

then is this right for an answer?

- Private sector organisations are organisations that are owned and controlled by the private individuals . Whereas public sector organisations are controlled by the local or central government, but owned by the tax payer. Private sector organisations have a prime objective to make profit. However public sector has a main aim of providing a service to the customer. Examples for private sector include Mc.Donalds and public sector consists of police force.

Its a 3 mark question, Can the examples become a point? And if u have noticed i used connective words to make comparisons, will this be awarded marks?

Reaction score
Accounts :
June 2001 paper 2 q3b
Just tell me that what will be discount allowed for credit sales!

Reaction score
Business studies:
How small firms could benefit the economy of your county? [8]

ktc

Reaction score
Business studies:
How small firms could benefit the economy of your county? [8]
Small businesses provide employment opportunities.

Smaller firms encourage competition; this prevent larger firms from exploiting consumers (with high prices, for instance)

When there are increasing number of small firms, due to increased competition in the market, consumers can benefit from wide variety of choice.

Small business help in fostering entrepreneur skills.

Due to lower cost of production and lower wages for small firms, less expenses have to be met, therefore, consumers get the benefit of lower prices.

Small firms supply specialized good and services to larger firms.

As they expand, they can become large and successful business.

Due to increased competition in the market, resources are utilized efficiently.

As profits made by small firms are reinvested, there is equitable distribution of income and wealth.

(these are the general benefits to any country. But since the question specified 'your country', you need to mention your own country's benefits, that's how you'll be able to gain the highest marks possible.)

Reaction score
do i need to know emotional intelligence for business As and Alevel? from UNIT 2: MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP

Reaction score
Small businesses provide employment opportunities.

Smaller firms encourage competition; this prevent larger firms from exploiting consumers (with high prices, for instance)

When there are increasing number of small firms, due to increased competition in the market, consumers can benefit from wide variety of choice.

Small business help in fostering entrepreneur skills.

Due to lower cost of production and lower wages for small firms, less expenses have to be met, therefore, consumers get the benefit of lower prices.

Small firms supply specialized good and services to larger firms.

As they expand, they can become large and successful business.

Due to increased competition in the market, resources are utilized efficiently.

As profits made by small firms are reinvested, there is equitable distribution of income and wealth.

(these are the general benefits to any country. But since the question specified 'your country', you need to mention your own country's benefits, that's how you'll be able to gain the highest marks possible.)
Good Points

Reaction score
It is only for AS level.
Okey which means i do need to study :) Thanks btw can someone post a link of a good cie As and Alevel business studies past paper book, and do they come in topical ? I would rather study from the topical version than the yearly ones. Thankyou

Reaction score
I am making a heriarchy pyramid for this, and i would like to ask if i should use these terms which are stated in the link: general manager, senior manager, managers and supervisors or in the book that i have: directors, managers, supervisors, worker representatives ( i find the ones in my book quite easy) What do you say? Is there any difference in the meaning of these words?

Reaction score
I am making a heriarchy pyramid for this, and i would like to ask if i should use these terms which are stated in the link: general manager, senior manager, managers and supervisors or in the book that i have: directors, managers, supervisors, worker representatives ( i find the ones in my book quite easy) What do you say? Is there any difference in the meaning of these words?
ya rit ..i think u should use the terms mentioned in d book..dont create confusion using diff words..:)

Reaction score
u mean which words should u use in d xzaams?!
No this question right : functions of the manager, which command word would it come under, like EXPLAIN the functions of DESCRIBE ?

And could u tell me a good and easy definition for cooperatives and joint ventures as well as some examples for both types of businesses.