• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys anyone can help me with question 4? Im not really with marketing plan so if anyone could provide me a detailed outline, I'll really appreciate it.. Its business Studies by the way.. Oct/Nov 2012 Paper 32.
Here's the link: http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Business Studies (9707)/9707_w12_qp_32.pdf

i amuse you are referring to q3, as it is related with marketing
Marketing plan is basically a very detailed report on a company’s marketing strategyand objectives, it includes all information about market shares, competitors streghts etc etc
i highly recommend that you should read the the marketing plan chapter in our CIE book. Insha Allah, you will understand it, its nothing hard, just like a summary of the whole marketing chapters in a big report.

Reaction score
Can any1 plz tell me what was their N.profit..
nd How did u guys find Revenue in Q1, I found it through C.Employed and C.Employed was 1000000 right???

Reaction score
What are the advantages and disadvantages of market research?
define MR, the different types of market research, make point of their key features, for eg, primary being more accurate, deliberated for the purpose whereas secondary being variably inaccurate, cheaper, biased nature, skewed data, misinterpreted actions as a result

go ahead with how primary can also be inaccurate due to inappropriate sampling, resulting in wasteful duplication or misallocation of company finance and resources. primary can be biased due to interviewer and so forth

Reaction score
guys what chapters should i concentrate on more in studying for business paper 2 this Tuesday?

Reaction score
Could any1 pleez help me out wid these Accounting ppr 3 Qustions
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_s03_qp_3.pdf
Q.1 Ans is B
Q.3 Ans is B
Q.16 Ans is C
Q.19 Ans is D
Thnx in Advanc:)

this is simple, use the arr formula
average profit divided by (investment-scrap value)/2 + working capital
90-10 +30
this will give you b

3 this is the simple rule, when a business is to wound up, the first priority is givn to lenders, which is the loan stock, after that the second priority is given to prefernce shares and then ordinary shares.
so here only option b makes sense

smooth the income, when the word smooth is used, it means that no rules of the IAS are broken, so if depreciation was changed, IAS 8 would not be followed, read the chapter 27 carefully, it has all these tiny details

Reaction score
Can someone help me with business paper 2
May/June 2006 Case study #1 part (b)
I don't know how to structure the answer

Reaction score
this is simple, use the arr formula
average profit divided by (investment-scrap value)/2 + working capital
90-10 +30
this will give you b

3 this is the simple rule, when a business is to wound up, the first priority is givn to lenders, which is the loan stock, after that the second priority is given to prefernce shares and then ordinary shares.
so here only option b makes sense

smooth the income, when the word smooth is used, it means that no rules of the IAS are broken, so if depreciation was changed, IAS 8 would not be followed, read the chapter 27 carefully, it has all these tiny details
Thnx alott!! I got it!:)
Here they r saying dat convrsion rate is 40 ordinary shares per $100 debenture stock
so debnture stock is $2000000, dat means 2000000/100=20000*40=800000 Ordinary Shares
Now to find da premium
v knw dat v hav paid $2000000 for 800000 ordinary shares
so 2000000/800000=2.5(market value)
so 2.5-0.5(nominal value of shares)=2(share premium)
so 2*800000=1600000

Reaction score
Assalam o alaikum
can you please jot down all the main and subtopics to study for economics FOREIGN EXCHANGE rate....i think my notes have a lot of unnecessary stuff.

Reaction score
Assalam o alaikum
can you please jot down all the main and subtopics to study for economics FOREIGN EXCHANGE rate....i think my notes have a lot of unnecessary stuff.
Nominal, real effective exchange rate, trade weighted exchange rate, Types, causes and how do they affect the balance of payements, how they're determined and J curve, marshal lerner condition, What impact exchange rates have on the economy.