• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

environmental management oct 2013

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Environmental Management (5014)/5014_s06_qp_1.pdf
Section B, Q-5 (a)

Please help me with this question. I don't get how to plot the graph. :S

Such a graph is known as a illustration graph or shaded bar graph 1 box is equal to 1% there are always 100 boxes in total now u can finish the key by illistrations for example by placing small dots for tropical cyclones lines for floods shading with pencil for earthquake shading with blue pen for human disasters etc. Once the key is finished you should then plot the percentages for example as we will shade with pencil for earthquakes the % age of earthquakes is 16 so 16 boxes will be shaded with pencil while human disasters are 13% so 13 boxes will be shaded with blue oen and so on hope u understand. Remember in prayerz.

Reaction score
Such a graph is known as a illustration graph or shaded bar graph 1 box is equal to 1% there are always 100 boxes in total now u can finish the key by illistrations for example by placing small dots for tropical cyclones lines for floods shading with pencil for earthquake shading with blue pen for human disasters etc. Once the key is finished you should then plot the percentages for example as we will shade with pencil for earthquakes the % age of earthquakes is 16 so 16 boxes will be shaded with pencil while human disasters are 13% so 13 boxes will be shaded with blue oen and so on hope u understand. Remember in prayerz.

Right.
But, I counted the number of boxes and they were like 8-1o. I am not getting how to plot it. :S

Reaction score
I came across this question while solving past papers.
Q- Why are volcanoes formed at plate boundaries?

Please answer it.

Reaction score
I came across this question while solving past papers.
Q- Why are volcanoes formed at plate boundaries?

Please answer it.

Volcanoes are formed at plate boundaries due to convergent or divergent movement( Brief description of both) So a crater(mouth of volcano) is formed due to which magma flows out due to the internal energy heat which forces it to come out.

Reaction score
Volcanoes are formed at plate boundaries due to convergent or divergent movement( Brief description of both) So a crater(mouth of volcano) is formed due to which magma flows out due to the internal energy heat which forces it to come out.

Convergent movement is when plate boundaries moves towards each other and divergent is when they move in opposite directions, is it?

Thanks. ^-^

Reaction score
there is kind of some bad news FOR ME. :'(
i was kind of ill and i didn't start the pastpapers yet
great just 2 days left and i have only 2 days to solve the pastpapers :( :'( :(

Reaction score
there is kind of some bad news FOR ME. :'(
i was kind of ill and i didn't start the pastpapers yet
great just 2 days left and i have only 2 days to solve the pastpapers :( :'( :(

Same here, khunsha. :(
Btw, I am done with sociology.
Let's solve the papers. Don't worry, you'll kill the exam.

Reaction score
Same here, khunsha. :(
Btw, I am done with sociology.
Let's solve the papers. Don't worry, you'll kill the exam.

you also didn't do it?
aww thankyou :3
i won't lie, my paper 2 went bad .-. and i really have to kill the exam for an A* or an A

Reaction score
you also didn't do it?
aww thankyou :3
i won't lie, my paper 2 went bad .-. and i really have to kill the exam for an A* or an A

I haven't started yet. x__x
I am doomed!
Let's start solving. Skype.

Don't worry! Insha'Allah, you'll. More like 'We will'. \o/ :'D