• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Friday prayers and exams?

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum, I'm starting this thread to see if there is anyway we can convince edexcel and Cambridge to stop having exams clashing with our Friday prayers.. I'm thinking if we could make a petition then send it to them.. I mean, who has exams on Saturdays and Sunday's? No one, then they should respect our prayer timings as well...

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum, I'm starting this thread to see if there is anyway we can convince edexcel and Cambridge to stop having exams clashing with our Friday prayers.. I'm thinking if we could make a petition then send it to them.. I mean, who has exams on Saturdays and Sunday's? No one, then they should respect our prayer timings as well...
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

fridays, they change the timings and adjust it accordingly...! like depending on how long the exam is, they'd take it before the usual time..!

Reaction score
Actually they have changed the timing of the physics paper3 and the made it in the afternoon and now we dont have any exam in friday's prayer

Reaction score
Well, I don't know about you all but i live in a "Muslim country" and i had an exam last friday (ICT theory) and i have a history exam this friday in the morning..

Reaction score
Well, I don't know about you all but i live in a "Muslim country" and i had an exam last friday (ICT theory) and i have a history exam this friday in the morning..
Same Here..and i had lots of exams on Fridays mornings before !!!

Reaction score
I dont think they clash with our prayers in any manner atleast here in Jeddah !
Exams are either before the prayer or atleast a hour after the prayer !

Reaction score
Yep courtney, it is igcse, International general certificate of secondary education, correct me if I'm wrong. And the Jews and Christians have the luxury of having NO exams on their days of worship, the Sabah and Sunday. Yet our request to have no exams clashing with our prayers somehow annoys you? I mean, we Muslims are over 1.7 billion in number. The "International" GCSEs don't have exams on the day when the Jews, who constitute not a percent of the global population, worship, yet show little respect for our Friday prayers which affect over 100 times more people.

Reaction score
I live in Kuwait, which is meant to be a Muslim country, yet they have exams on Fridays.. Its because we Muslims don't take a stand for these things. We need to act. If not for us, then at least for the rest of the students who will be pushed into having to face this dilemma in the coming years. Any suggestions people? Maybe we could all ring up cie and complain.. Make sure you ask to be directed to the complaint center as the guys at the help desk won't be very helpful

Reaction score
same here ..i live in UAE nd we hv exams on friday bt i will tell u somethng we r the ones who chose to take the IG certificate nd its a british one soo we hv to appied by all their rules like saturdays and sundays r the weekend no one forced us to study the british curriculm we chose it..at first we were all sad about the friday exams bt thts wat i thought of afterwards :(

Reaction score
Your argument is flawed. If that is what is meant to be happening then we making a law saying that any non-Muslims that want to live in UAE or Kuwait (for example) must become Muslim. There is something called consideration and that's something these examination boards aren't having. I'd imagine you'd also be supporting the extermination of Jews in Germany in the 1930s.. I mean it was the law then. Do you see what I mean? Just because that's the law, doesn't make it right..

Reaction score
Your argument is flawed. If that is what is meant to be happening then we making a law saying that any non-Muslims that want to live in UAE or Kuwait (for example) must become Muslim. There is something called consideration and that's something these examination boards aren't having. I'd imagine you'd also be supporting the extermination of Jews in Germany in the 1930s.. I mean it was the law then. Do you see what I mean? Just because that's the law, doesn't make it right..
If soo then arabs or muslims have to make there own examination boards..y dont they do that nd if it happens you will see that none of the christians or jews will apply for any examinations!!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
If soo then arabs or muslims have to make there own examination boards..y dont they do that nd if it happens you will see that none of the christians or jews will apply for any examinations!!
did you think before writing this post...?? :-/
for example Xtremepapers was made by muslims.. so that means you shouldn't be browsing it.. you should make ur own site... How bad would it be if I said this..??
if we go by your logic humanity must become selfish jerks with no consideration for others...

Reaction score
If jewish and christains are so self sufficient then why don't they produce their own oil? Why import it from Arabs.
ForGod sake stop this propaganda against muslims. :/

Reaction score
If jewish and christains are so self sufficient then why don't they produce their own oil? Why import it from Arabs.
ForGod sake stop this propaganda against muslims. :/
iam a muslim and obviously am not against muslims ...bt i meant to say ths cuz 4 example christians and jews in our country have fridays as holiday and they work on saturdays and sundays which is meant to be their holiday..if they ask themselves y is tht its because they chose 2 live in a muslim or arab country!!!!! and if they think of sending a petition of course it will be refused same thing is happenning but reversed...im not saying dont send an argument u should do tht and try bt i thought of it ths way!!

Reaction score
did you think before writing this post...?? :-/
for example Xtremepapers was made by muslims.. so that means you shouldn't be browsing it.. you should make ur own site... How bad would it be if I said this..??
if we go by your logic humanity must become selfish jerks with no consideration for others...
Iam a MUSLIM!!