• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

FSC or A-LEVELS !?!?

Reaction score
NerdGamer

Assalam O Alaikum,

A levels i would recommend, even if it seems that its good for Fsc students to get into universities.

A levels has lasting effects, you may not notice it, but it brings effects to your style of talking, writing, debating and life as a whole. After all, there is a reason, it is given more value than the Fsc system by the majority of the people, if not the univs (that has its own solid reasons too why univs do that!) .

I would advise you to work hard to convince your parents for A levels, look for scholarships and all, you are in the same phase i was after my O levels was done!

[I was going to Fsc because of financial problems those days but then Allah's blessing came and i got scholarship so that is why i did A levels, have TRUST in the ALMIGHTY ALLAH, for HIS help is all you need sometimes!]

If there is no chance then only go to Fsc, but even then if it is ratta, dont make yourself a 'ratto' , LEARN and UNDERSTAND what you study, DO NOT just gulp it down your throat!

I hope my advise is of help!
:)

Reaction score
NerdGamer

Assalam O Alaikum,

A levels i would recommend, even if it seems that its good for Fsc students to get into universities.

A levels has lasting effects, you may not notice it, but it brings effects to your style of talking, writing, debating and life as a whole. After all, there is a reason, it is given more value than the Fsc system by the majority of the people, if not the univs (that has its own solid reasons too why univs do that!) .

I would advise you to work hard to convince your parents for A levels, look for scholarships and all, you are in the same phase i was after my O levels was done!

[I was going to Fsc because of financial problems those days but then Allah's blessing came and i got scholarship so that is why i did A levels, have TRUST in the ALMIGHTY ALLAH, for HIS help is all you need sometimes!]

If there is no chance then only go to Fsc, but even then if it is ratta, dont make yourself a 'ratto' , LEARN and UNDERSTAND what you study, DO NOT just gulp it down your throat!

nice advice (y)
basically its @NerdGamer's call :D

Reaction score
NerdGamer

Assalam O Alaikum,

Thanks man! If I get a scholarship then I guess my parents will agree on making me do my A-levels, really appreciate your help!

Reaction score
I'm an A Level student and this is my advice for you.

NerdGamer if you want to study software engineering in Pakistan you might as well bite the bullet and go for FSc. But if you plan to go abroad do A Levels.
One more thing, you have to be the absolute best in software engineering to get a good job abroad. And it just isn't worth it to study software engineering and work in Pakistan.

P.S. be sure to learn C/C++/Java in your free time. BASIC isn't worth much nowadays.

Reaction score
I'm an A Level student and this is my advice for you.

NerdGamer if you want to study software engineering in Pakistan you might as well bite the bullet and go for FSc. But if you plan to go abroad do A Levels.
One more thing, you have to be the absolute best in software engineering to get a good job abroad. And it just isn't worth it to study software engineering and work in Pakistan.

P.S. be sure to learn C/C++/Java in your free time. BASIC isn't worth much nowadays.
Thanks! after reading what you said I think I should better learn some basic things because honestly speaking I didn't even know what my computer specs were until a few months ago ,so yeah you can probably guess how much I know about computers

Reaction score
Thanks! after reading what you said I think I should better learn some basic things because honestly speaking I didn't even know what my computer specs were until a few months ago ,so yeah you can probably guess how much I know about computers

No problem bro :) I was in the same boat after I did my O Levels but, by Allah's grace, I got a full scholarship for my A Levels.
If you're really into software programming, I recommend you start with Microsoft Visual Basic 6 programming and once you're comfortable with it, move on to Java (in your spare time). Remember - unless you haven't mastered Java / C / C++ by the end of your A Levels, don't consider software engineering any further.
The best way is to get a Bachelors degree in electrical / electronic / mechanical etc and then, if you've got free time (and money) afterwards, do Masters in software.
That's my plan anyway.

Reaction score
IF U WANT TO GO IN A MEDICAL UNIVERSITY IN PAKISTAN , WHICH ONE WHETHER A LEVELS OR FSC U SHOULD PREFER ??? I DONT HAVE ANY FINANCIAL PROBLEM BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT WHICH WILL HELP ME IN TAKING ADMISSION EASILY IN PAKISTAN ...THANKS ???? CAN ANYONE ALSO TELL ME ABOUT SAT !! I WANT TO GET SOME INFORMATION !! CAN SOMEONE JUST DO SAT 1 INSTEAD OF A LEVELS ???

Reaction score
IF U WANT TO GO IN A MEDICAL UNIVERSITY IN PAKISTAN , WHICH ONE WHETHER A LEVELS OR FSC U SHOULD PREFER ??? I DONT HAVE ANY FINANCIAL PROBLEM BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT WHICH WILL HELP ME IN TAKING ADMISSION EASILY IN PAKISTAN ...THANKS ???? CAN ANYONE ALSO TELL ME ABOUT SAT !! I WANT TO GET SOME INFORMATION !! CAN SOMEONE JUST DO SAT 1 INSTEAD OF A LEVELS ???
Thanks :), btw SAT should be taken if you want to go abroad and A-levels is a must if you want to go abroad,

Reaction score

Alright kid, let no one misguide you. People all around will probably advise you to go for A level since it provides wider option spectrum and opportunities in various careers..bla bla..BUT it is a DEFINITE NO-NO if u r a med-hopeful. If u have any plans of making it to med skools in PK, u Better NOT go for A levels. Now i'll tell you all the reasons for it.
Firstly, the entrance test for more than 90% med colleges in PK comes from the intermediate level (FSc) of the local boards like sindh board, punjab board etc. No doubt the tests are conceptual, but the concept is applied to FSc knowledge, which, if u have done Alevels, u wont have (unless ofcourse u take the pains to study FSc books with ur Alevels).
Secondly, u must know about the equivalence u get after ur A levels frm Islamabad, which converts ur marks to grades. No they snatch away a certain percent of ur marks while converting. And if u have scored Bs or Cs, u dont stand a chance after that to make it to the merit required.
Now, summing up, if u do badly in the test, plus wen u have a certain percent of your marks deducted, tell me where do u stand compared to an average Fsc kid? Do the math.
Now, im not some pro-Fsc freak. Im just being realistic. I myself am an Alevel student and i know what crap im going through right now with sooo much burden on my shoulders.

Unless you are a total nerd and u can have ur nose in books 24/7 - and u dont have a life, ofcourse- go for Alevels. If u score brilliantly and cover Fsc course alongside, u can make it to med skools nice and clean. But if u are the sort of person who cant stand the sight of books for merely an hour, and who has a pretty hyped up social life and has other stuff to do, then sorry, Alevel and then Medicine is not a good match for you.
Ofcourse some people may not agree with me. Their parents have pretty money and they will happily flash the pretty money in times of need and get their kids into pretty private med schools that cost about 10 lac a year. No problem.
But if, like me, you dont have such "pretty money", and you are hoping against hope to get into a prestigious government college on merit...well u have put urself at HUGE risk opting for Alevels.

Again, A levels is F-A-R better than Fsc, no doubt, but it is way too less rewarding if u r a med-hopeful. You can’t take risks at this stage of life...it is a very critical period in a student's life. All the choices that you make right now will either make your future- or break it.
Keep this in mind and go ahead, decide for yourself. Its time you grow up- school life is over. It is time you start making your own decisions prudently.

Reaction score
Alright kid, let no one misguide you. People all around will probably advise you to go for A level since it provides wider option spectrum and opportunities in various careers..bla bla..BUT it is a DEFINITE NO-NO if u r a med-hopeful. If u have any plans of making it to med skools in PK, u Better NOT go for A levels. Now i'll tell you all the reasons for it.
Firstly, the entrance test for more than 90% med colleges in PK comes from the intermediate level (FSc) of the local boards like sindh board, punjab board etc. No doubt the tests are conceptual, but the concept is applied to FSc knowledge, which, if u have done Alevels, u wont have (unless ofcourse u take the pains to study FSc books with ur Alevels).
Secondly, u must know about the equivalence u get after ur A levels frm Islamabad, which converts ur marks to grades. No they snatch away a certain percent of ur marks while converting. And if u have scored Bs or Cs, u dont stand a chance after that to make it to the merit required.
Now, summing up, if u do badly in the test, plus wen u have a certain percent of your marks deducted, tell me where do u stand compared to an average Fsc kid? Do the math.
Now, im not some pro-Fsc freak. Im just being realistic. I myself am an Alevel student and i know what crap im going through right now with sooo much burden on my shoulders.

Unless you are a total nerd and u can have ur nose in books 24/7 - and u dont have a life, ofcourse- go for Alevels. If u score brilliantly and cover Fsc course alongside, u can make it to med skools nice and clean. But if u are the sort of person who cant stand the sight of books for merely an hour, and who has a pretty hyped up social life and has other stuff to do, then sorry, Alevel and then Medicine is not a good match for you.
Ofcourse some people may not agree with me. Their parents have pretty money and they will happily flash the pretty money in times of need and get their kids into pretty private med schools that cost about 10 lac a year. No problem.
But if, like me, you dont have such "pretty money", and you are hoping against hope to get into a prestigious government college on merit...well u have put urself at HUGE risk opting for Alevels.

Again, A levels is F-A-R better than Fsc, no doubt, but it is way too less rewarding if u r a med-hopeful. You can’t take risks at this stage of life...it is a very critical period in a student's life. All the choices that you make right now will either make your future- or break it.
Keep this in mind and go ahead, decide for yourself. Its time you grow up- school life is over. It is time you start making your own decisions prudently.
Thanks, that really cleared my doubts now im sure I'm gonna go for FSC , regardless of my IGCSE result :)

Reaction score

thank u soo much !! i was looking for such person who can tell me everything !!! thanks for giving your valuable time :):)

Reaction score
Ok ,my parents are forcing me to do FSC after IGCSE ,I'm really confused about this because of our poor financial condition ,we cannot afford the A-LEVEL fees, I'm more than happy to do FSC but I have heard that it's really hard to get used to the whole "Ratta" system,along with that I have plans to go abroad but not now, and is FSC good if I want to become a computer engineer? (Sorry for the poor english)

well if you think you can do it and you got the ambition..trust me there is nothing that can stop you :D
just pray to God for the best of everything..:)
plus if you want to stay in Pakistan go for F.Sc cuz when you do A levels, you have to do a lot of khuwari and all...:)
so pray to Allah to lead you to the best path possible (y)
and moreover
Best Of Luck with whatever you do (y)

Reaction score

NerdGamer clearly stated that he does not want to go on for med...then why did you suggest for med schools??
just saying..:whistle: