• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

FSC or A-LEVELS !?!?

Reaction score
Yes..Edwards college is one of the best colleges.My 2 cousins studued there and 1 is in pak airforce doing aeronautical engineering (lucky him) :p
AND THE ANOTHER is doing his 7th PHD is Malaysia (teaching and studying) :)

Reaction score
Is A level or FSC best for engineering ? and which engineering has more scope in Pakistan?
I have studied the fsc academies believe me its hell for English you have to learn the Urdu translation of whole English comprehension. At first I was like I can do it it but after few days I am confused. I consider English, Urdu, Islamiyat, extra effort plus my Urdu is not good so it will effect my English and Urdu subject. But if I do A level I don't have to do all the extra subject like English, Urdu etc. So which is a better option.

Reaction score
do we have to study fsc books if we do a levels fr entry tests cux alot ov ppl do so and is the entry test always frm fsc course???

Reaction score
What about Engineering? Mostly, people have encouraged me to go for A levels. So where should I go if I want to do the Engineering later?
Plus, what about the difference between syllabus of Alevels and FSC? Is it a slight or way too much?

Reaction score
What about Engineering? Mostly, people have encouraged me to go for A levels. So where should I go if I want to do the Engineering later?
Plus, what about the difference between syllabus of Alevels and FSC? Is it a slight or way too much?
Hey brother... this fsc or alevel post is of that time when i finished my olevels and was confused as much as you are. Btw o chose alevel and now i am done with my alevels and i must say it was a very good decision of mine.. here are a couple of thimg i would say..
1) if you have good grades in olevel than you should continue with alevels. It depends om university too which you are aiming for... like for uet or kmc you ll suffer alot if you have bad grades im olevel. Because for equivelncy they ll consider 80% of ur olevel grades almost
2) regarding entrance test i have recently given nust amd giki tests. Believe me both these tests are as much difdicult for you as they are fr fsc students... and some frnds of mine who score 470 above in fsc part 1 have failed these tests... the reason is simple.. alevel student mind is shaped to tackle unseen problems and have more command im doing mcqs... talking about course difference in fsc and alevel... it can be easily covered without any academy or else... you ll need a month thats all.
3) you ll feel more relaxed in alevel... 3 subjects thats all... in fsc more study time is required... and especially for an olevel guy... he needs extra hardwork and all that.
I hope iy will be easy for you to nake your decision now. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok ,my parents are forcing me to do FSC after IGCSE ,I'm really confused about this because of our poor financial condition ,we cannot afford the A-LEVEL fees, I'm more than happy to do FSC but I have heard that it's really hard to get used to the whole "Ratta" system,along with that I have plans to go abroad but not now, and is FSC good if I want to become a computer engineer? (Sorry for the poor english)
They both have the same goal. But I do agree with the thing that A Level students face problems with Uni admissions. However, if you have heard about NTS(National test Service), I guess, then it's the main thing actually. I've seen many intermediate students, who scored 92%, 95%, 97% etc. in their FSC, they always get failed when it comes to NTS test. And because of that, they do not get admissions in Uni bcz their merit becomes very low. This happens why? Bcz of FSC education system mainly. rattafication simply doesn't allow them to perform well in those NTS tests which requires knowledge N concepts completely. On the other hand, A Level students do quite well in NTS because of their coherent studies and solid concepts. It's true the seat reserved for A Level students is very low, but you have a good chance of soaring into those tests my friend. Consider this thing, most importantly! Getting 99% in FSCs is of no use if you perform poor in NTS. I know this thing, cause I know about my sister how she failed to do good in Nts even though she had good %age *80 above*!! So, I should advice U to do A Level instead of FSCs. Don't think your marks will be deducted etc.. it doesn't matter when you apply 4 the NTS> However, if it's difficult 4 U to get yourself admitted in A LEVEL College bcz of financial issues, then try to do it privately and appear for papers. tht can reduce alotta expenses for you. I hope I helped. :)

Hi, i want to ask about A level and and Fsc. I don't have that much knowledge about both of these so please tell me about them. The question i have rn is that ( should i choose fsc or a levels after matric). I will do fsc online all two next years but for A level i will have to go to a school thats not good in teaching students so it means if i have to do A level it's all on my own. The problem here is that my parents wants me to do fsc rn with biology but my choice is engineering so as u might know in a level we can choose both engineering and doctor too so i want to do that. In a level there're also less subjects compared to fsc cuz it depends on ur choice other than compulsory. So please help me in choosing either A levels or Fsc! (Sorry for the bad english)