• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

FSC or A-LEVELS !?!?

Reaction score
Opt for A-levels only if you are able to get hold of a good scholarship. I faced the same problem two years back and the scholarship was the only ground on which I convinced my parents to let me do it. My friends who chose FSC after Olevels are wrecked out today, they were deeply frustrated and tired of studies cause they just couldnt get into the Intermediate flow. It's hell difficult to switch to the ratta system.
Plus if you are going through finacial probs, then weigh your circumstances and reset your goals a bit, you can go for bachelors in Pak university , acquire a job, make some money and then go for Post graduate from abroad(and that on scholarship if you are lucky)

Reaction score
1) Dont let the thought of entrance test influence your decision cause you wouldnt want to be regretting in the two years that follow. You have to work really realy hard at every stage. When the time for entrance test arrives, make sure that you slog and slog and slog. And am sure you will be able to out-do many candidates with the knowldege and concepts that O/A levels implant in you brain. It is risky, I agree. But with the right amount of hard+smart work, faith in yourself, determination AND MOST IMPORATNTLY PRAYERS, you will nail it InshaAllah

Reaction score
Secondly, u must know about the equivalence u get after ur A levels frm Islamabad, which converts ur marks to grades. No they snatch away a certain percent of ur marks while converting. And if u have scored Bs or Cs, u dont stand a chance after that to make it to the merit required.
Now, summing up, if u do badly in the test, plus wen u have a certain percent of your marks deducted, tell me where do u stand compared to an average Fsc kid? Do the math.

this is one neat advice. keep it in mind. Also

Reaction score
Unless you are a total nerd and u can have ur nose in books 24/7 - and u dont have a life, ofcourse- go for Alevels.

Sorry, but I wont agree here. Alevels is not a burden. You just gotta work with sincerity and manage your time properly. The key is BALANCING between studies and play-time

Reaction score
Spidey21 The suggestion by Apple Ipad64 was for this :

IF U WANT TO GO IN A MEDICAL UNIVERSITY IN PAKISTAN , WHICH ONE WHETHER A LEVELS OR FSC U SHOULD PREFER ??? I DONT HAVE ANY FINANCIAL PROBLEM BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT WHICH WILL HELP ME IN TAKING ADMISSION EASILY IN PAKISTAN ...THANKS ???? CAN ANYONE ALSO TELL ME ABOUT SAT !! I WANT TO GET SOME INFORMATION !! CAN SOMEONE JUST DO SAT 1 INSTEAD OF A LEVELS ???

Reaction score
hello everyone i am from peshawar and recently finished my gce olevel . . . i took bio in olevels but is planning to go into an engineering university . . . my frst priority will be UET and my second priorities are NUST GIK or FAST. As u may have know that its all about entrance test for UET because it made from matric and fsc books and very few questions are from alevels . . . so i was asking what should i do . . . ALEVELS OR FSC . my initial decision was fsc and i have started tuitions for fsc . . . but now this idea frequently clicks my mind making me a little bit confused that i should go for alevels . . . analysing my approach what do u guys suggest me to do . . . . i would be happy if u guys help out . . . well adding a further statement that i wont be able to study fsc books along mith my alevels course books i f i go for alevels ....
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Reaction score
dunno bout FSC
buh i havent evn reached A levels but frm wat i have heared its HELL!!!

Reaction score
to enter bio-medical field we need to take biology as well as maths but in FSC one should take either biology or math.
what should i do??

Reaction score
to enter bio-medical field we need to take biology as well as maths but in FSC one should take either biology or math.
what should i do??
do wat u want u 2 if u hav a passion for medicine then join A level
buh of u r doin cuz sum 1 is tellin u den i dunt think it is a very gud idea

Reaction score
hello everyone i am from peshawar and recently finished my gce olevel . . . i took bio in olevels but is planning to go into an engineering university . . . my frst priority will be UET and my second priorities are NUST GIK or FAST. As u may have know that its all about entrance test for UET because it made from matric and fsc books and very few questions are from alevels . . . so i was asking what should i do . . . ALEVELS OR FSC . my initial decision was fsc and i have started tuitions for fsc . . . but now this idea frequently clicks my mind making me a little bit confused that i should go for alevels . . . analysing my approach what do u guys suggest me to do . . . . i would be happy if u guys help out . . . well adding a further statement that i wont be able to study fsc books along mith my alevels course books i f i go for alevels ....
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Well Talha, you are a little misguided here. I know of people who scored Cs and Ds in Alevels and ended up in UET despite their grades. Thing is that Alevels build ur concepts. Fsc doesnt give you concept...it just pushes u to digest everything whether u understand it or not. And you study a more advanced level of Math and Physics in Alevels than u do in Fsc...which obviously gives you a greater shot at aceing the local Engineering entrance tests than Fsc kids ever have. I myself am a Med student so i dont know much about the Engineering department, but i cam tell you for sure that Alevels creates problems for Med hopefulls only...since our Biology is different than Fsc. Chemistry and Physics are almost alike.....with more advanced additions. So you see, for you Alevels is the best option. People with the lousy-est of grades make it to GIK and NUST becoz they have concept. And thats something u get from Alevels :)

Reaction score
NerdGamer clearly stated that he does not want to go on for med...then why did you suggest for med schools??
just saying..:whistle:
It wasnt just for him. Its for a all those other confused and misguided med-hopefulls who are out there seeking advice so they end up making the right decision. He commented on my post. I didnt comment on His. You should have a better look-through before u drop a flip remark like that next time.

Reaction score
It wasnt just for him. Its for a all those other confused and misguided med-hopefulls who are out there seeking advice so they end up making the right decision. He commented on my post. I didnt comment on His. You should have a better look-through before u drop a flip remark like that next time.
K.

Reaction score
Well Talha, you are a little misguided here. I know of people who scored Cs and Ds in Alevels and ended up in UET despite their grades. Thing is that Alevels build ur concepts. Fsc doesnt give you concept...it just pushes u to digest everything whether u understand it or not. And you study a more advanced level of Math and Physics in Alevels than u do in Fsc...which obviously gives you a greater shot at aceing the local Engineering entrance tests than Fsc kids ever have. I myself am a Med student so i dont know much about the Engineering department, but i cam tell you for sure that Alevels creates problems for Med hopefulls only...since our Biology is different than Fsc. Chemistry and Physics are almost alike.....with more advanced additions. So you see, for you Alevels is the best option. People with the lousy-est of grades make it to GIK and NUST becoz they have concept. And thats something u get from Alevels :)
Gik and nust test are hell fsc based(tough gik and lums are more conceptual they want to eliminate the crammers out) i have seen it difficult for straight as to get a desired field in gik but an fsc student with above 85% have more chances plus gik and to a degree nust also counts your intermediate marks to a great degree leave alone uet....for engineering guys fsc is better options end of story

Reaction score
Gik and nust test are hell fsc based(tough gik and lums are more conceptual they want to eliminate the crammers out) i have seen it difficult for straight as to get a desired field in gik but an fsc student with above 85% have more chances plus gik and to a degree nust also counts your intermediate marks to a great degree leave alone uet....for engineering guys fsc is better options end of story
well i guess u r right then. Afterall its Pakistan, u get where u want if u play the game by their crappy rules:p

Reaction score
Unless you are a total nerd and u can have ur nose in books 24/7 - and u dont have a life, ofcourse- go for Alevels.

Sorry, but I wont agree here. Alevels is not a burden. You just gotta work with sincerity and manage your time properly. The key is BALANCING between studies and play-time
Its hard said than done:) I dono maybe the lot you study with effects ur life-style than the cirriculum actually does . I mean if you study with a bunch of braniacs who define themselves by the amount of homwork and brainstorming they do, who talk terms in decimals (when i would just say i did less than half the assignment, my fellow mate would go like, yeah, i solved like 7.25% of the total questions, including sub-qestions, without peaking at the hints), and above all when they are already accepted at some flashy foreign university based on their AS or Olevel grades, well, i got to say u are in some sort of real pressure:)

Reaction score
after reading this thread, i'm still confused on which system i should choose. My dad says pick any i want as long as i study and bring great grades. Now i have no prob with Fsc, in fact I've applied to Edwards college(Peshawar), but my heart says do A level...
Please help me members of the XtremePaper Community...

Reaction score
I'm an A Level student and this is my advice for you.

NerdGamer if you want to study software engineering in Pakistan you might as well bite the bullet and go for FSc. But if you plan to go abroad do A Levels.
One more thing, you have to be the absolute best in software engineering to get a good job abroad. And it just isn't worth it to study software engineering and work in Pakistan.

P.S. be sure to learn C/C++/Java in your free time. BASIC isn't worth much nowadays.

hey i want to do software engineering as well and i have no problem with fsc,it's just that my heart tells me to do A level...

Reaction score

yea i went up for alevels now after studying the whole fsc course in tuitions centre...... besides all the entry test stuff i would like to tell u abt my experience.... i finished the whole course of fsc and to tell u honestly its almost impossible for the olevel student to adopt our ratta pattern seriously i was so unhappy and screwed abt it..... bt wen the result got anounced and i scored A* in all subjects(especially in all sciences) i decided to go to alevels as it wud be easier to do for me..... guys i wud therefore suggest u to do alevels bcoz its really really tough to do fsc..... besides u can take tuitions of fsc or study books of fsc side by side so u can easily pass any entry test.....and apple Ipad164 . . . thanks for ur kind advice

Reaction score
its me talha196... i changed my name to assasin196.... just in case u r mistaken.... :v