• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Fsc or A levels

Reaction score
:( ok guyz,,plz guide me wid this...i did my o-levels,,got A* IN BIO,A in chem nd B in phy.
am doing A-LEVELS now..my subjects this yr are bio and chem(AS nd A2 in one year),,i may be doing AS nd A2 in maths nd physics next yr,,..so do i have any chance,,ANY CHANCE,of medicals in PAKISTAN..I wanna go for KMC... so will my dream remain a DREAM,,,or is there a chance..
help...

inbox me your whole Olevel grades subject wise
when did u give olevels and in which country

which alevel subjects are u giving and where (country)

im in aimc and i can help u

Reaction score
FSC though i am in a-levels but FSC if in pakistan no scope of it in a-levels
well probably not. I have seen many alevel students in govt medical colleges
and in engineering they go for NUST mostly

Reaction score
well probably not. I have seen many alevel students in govt medical colleges
and in engineering they go for NUST mostly

yup ......but for that u should have high grades which is not really possible for everyone

Reaction score
inbox me your whole Olevel grades subject wise
when did u give olevels and in which country

which alevel subjects are u giving and where (country)

im in aimc and i can help u
ok thanx first of all.and here,my info
i did 7 o'level subjects,,
CHEM A
BIO A*
PHY B
MATHS C
ISLAMIC C
URDU A
ENGLISH B
above are my olevel subjects wid grades..i did my o levels in may/june session of 2012..in Dubai.
am doing my A-levels in Dubai again,am doing AS and A2 in biology nd chem this year,,and will be doing AS nd A2 in physics and maths next year..
plz tell me what grades am i supposed to get for medicals in KMC...THANX..

Reaction score
what do u mean by KMC? King edward medical college?

okay since ur giving BOTH olevel and alevel from OUTSIDE pakistan, they will count 5 subjects for SSC equivalence

phy
chem
bio
eng
math

A* gives 90
A 85
B 75
C 65
D 55

your marks are 390 out of 500, which gives a rough total of 78%. Im sorry considering that these Olevel marks are very very important and they add into your alevel marks, your grades are not good. You will NOT make it to a government university. Merit of KE is like 90%. Merit of whole of GOVERNMENT medical colleges in punjab ends at around 83%

Olevel forms around 40% of marks, Alevel around 10%, and the MCAT rest of 50%

FOR A TRUER UNDERSTANDING OF EQUIVALENCE CALCULATION SEE THIS. DO READ IT
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/mbbs-guide-pptx.19001/

Well, I dont know what to suggest. Why are you giving Alevel maths? It doesnot count. For alevels you only need phy,chem and bio

There is always an option of going to a private medical college if you wish so

Reaction score
yup ......but for that u should have high grades which is not really possible for everyone
friend if you think you cant get a thing done. Someone else will just do it, and leave you in the dust.

Live is all about competing with others. Get over it and accept the fact. Work hard and dont find excuses

Reaction score
what do u mean by KMC? King edward medical college?

okay since ur giving BOTH olevel and alevel from OUTSIDE pakistan, they will count 5 subjects for SSC equivalence

phy
chem
bio
eng
math

A* gives 90
A 85
B 75
C 65
D 55

your marks are 390 out of 500, which gives a rough total of 78%. Im sorry considering that these Olevel marks are very very important and they add into your alevel marks, your grades are not good. You will NOT make it to a government university. Merit of KE is like 90%. Merit of whole of GOVERNMENT medical colleges in punjab ends at around 83%

Olevel forms around 40% of marks, Alevel around 10%, and the MCAT rest of 50%

FOR A TRUER UNDERSTANDING OF EQUIVALENCE CALCULATION SEE THIS. DO READ IT
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/mbbs-guide-pptx.19001/

Well, I dont know what to suggest. Why are you giving Alevel maths? It doesnot count. For alevels you only need phy,chem and bio

There is always an option of going to a private medical college if you wish so
is it not so..that we shd get around 70%,to set for the MCAT test, and if we pass them,,we get admission in a good medical college..
By KMC i mean KHYBER MEDICAL COLLEGE.
anyways thanx alot for ur time and for replying,,u really helped me...

Reaction score
is it not so..that we shd get around 70%,to set for the MCAT test, and if we pass them,,we get admission in a good medical college..
By KMC i mean KHYBER MEDICAL COLLEGE.
anyways thanx alot for ur time and for replying,,u really helped me...

ok ive no clue about khyber

so everything i wrote in that document in mcat is IRRELEVANT to u

ONLY THE EQUIVALENCE PART IS RELEVANT TO U, BUT IM NOT SURE ABOUT HOW THE OVERALL MERIT SCORE IS CALCULATED
U NEED TO FIND THAT OUT HOW IT WORKS IN KHYBER

Reaction score
ok ive no clue about khyber

so everything i wrote in that document in mcat is IRRELEVANT to u

ONLY THE EQUIVALENCE PART IS RELEVANT TO U, BUT IM NOT SURE ABOUT HOW THE OVERALL MERIT SCORE IS CALCULATED
U NEED TO FIND THAT OUT HOW IT WORKS IN KHYBER
thanks alooot for ur effort and time mannnn..really thanks alot...

Reaction score
:( ok guyz,,plz guide me wid this...i did my o-levels,,got A* IN BIO,A in chem nd B in phy.
am doing A-LEVELS now..my subjects this yr are bio and chem(AS nd A2 in one year),,i may be doing AS nd A2 in maths nd physics next yr,,..so do i have any chance,,ANY CHANCE,of medicals in PAKISTAN..I wanna go for KMC... so will my dream remain a DREAM,,,or is there a chance..
help...

10%chances only that to if you have some refrence or ur luck

Reaction score
if you get good grades like A and A*, then you have a very good chance of making to a govt university

Get 9A* in olevels. Then I can guarantee that you have secured 40% of your admission easily.

There ARE NO MARK DEDUCTIONS for OLEVELS. Its a wrong thing. We heard it as well. IT DOES NOT EXIST

GIVE olevels, get good grades and get into a good Alevel school
hi..... i just read your thread.... i am an a level student and dyingly want to get into gov medical colleges in lahore..... i wanna appear for nust and mcat this year but i am not sure on how will i cram the f.sc syllabus in less than a month.... bcz net is in 3 weeks and m not even done with my a level exams as yet.... please help on what should i do.????? shall i drop the idea for getting into nust and just concentrate on mcat....????? please help as i think that i am deserving.... the topper of my class and wanna get into mbbs at any cost......?????

Reaction score
hi..... i just read your thread.... i am an a level student and dyingly want to get into gov medical colleges in lahore..... i wanna appear for nust and mcat this year but i am not sure on how will i cram the f.sc syllabus in less than a month.... bcz net is in 3 weeks and m not even done with my a level exams as yet.... please help on what should i do.????? shall i drop the idea for getting into nust and just concentrate on mcat....????? please help as i think that i am deserving.... the topper of my class and wanna get into mbbs at any cost......?????

salam
ok inbox me ur olevel grades?
from which city u have a domicile of. Where were u born?

i wud say DONT give nust because its syllabus for alevel students is very very long

go to kips. Do UHS mcat session (DONT GO FOR NUMCAT session)

but KETS books (from kips). Only students who study in kips can buy them
Do thoroughyl the test that kips takes from students and note the questions u find difficult

Reaction score
salam

i wud say DONT give nust because its syllabus for alevel students is very very long

Do thoroughyl the test that kips takes from students and note the questions u find difficult
I am an a level student..... I dyingly want to get into govt medical colleges in lahore..... kindly advice on what should I do ....??? amd how shall I prepare for mcat...????

Reaction score
salam

did you do a levels too.???? and are you doing medical now.????

Reaction score
salam

I got 7A*s and 1A in o level....

Reaction score
yes im alevel student. I did alevel in 2012. im in aimc these days

well have u made ur ssc equivalence? U MUST MAKE IT NOW!

U cannot make HSSC equivalence until u have SSC equivalence first. They DONT make them simultaneously
ur SSC equivalence would inshAllah be around 89%, which is very good

Focus on mcat. Its very very important

u didnt tell me from which city u have a domicile from? have u made a domicile? U NEED THAT

Reaction score
yes im alevel student. I did alevel in 2012. im in aimc these days

well have u made ur ssc equivalence? U MUST MAKE IT NOW!

U cannot make HSSC equivalence until u have SSC equivalence first. They DONT make them simultaneously
ur SSC equivalence would inshAllah be around 89%, which is very good

Focus on mcat. Its very very important

u didnt tell me from which city u have a domicile from? have u made a domicile? U NEED THAT
lahore. which school did you do your a levels from? and how do you recommend i should study?