• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Fsc or A levels

Reaction score
Hey im a bit confused to! I have finished my O' Levels and dont know whether i should go for F.Sc or A Levels! I want to do A Levels but the problem is, ppl say that in A levels u should score Straight As and not a single "B"!! Well is this really true? Plus I heard that marks are not deducted in equivalence. Is this also true? Plz guide me, I wanted to go for UET, FAST or LUMS for my future studies! What are their criteria, i mean if i do A Levels, would it create a hell lot of problems for me to get admission in these universities? and one more thing, is it compulsory for me to give SAT exams for getting admission in better universities or its just useless for me? Thanks in advance :) I would really appreciate your guidance :)
Ps: sorry for my poor english.

when u get the reply to F.Sc or A levels. Do tell me. I'm stuck in the same problem. Done O levels. Waiting what to do next. Done alot of research/
LUMS and FAST are private uni. . U can actually get into it easily; without an entry test too, i guess so. NUST and UET are govt. sectors. Fsc is really important and NUST is actually for Intermediate students only.

Reaction score
covering the syllabus wont be an issue for me as long as they donot deduct marks for admission in universities or its difficult to get admission after A levels
what are your grades at o levels.??? well .... if you think that you ll be able to cover the fsc syllabus then you ll make it to government sector universities easily....!!! and getting into private uni like lums etc is no big deal....!!

Reaction score
plus thanks a lot it did gave me some sort of relief
many of my classmates got into lums this year .... so dont worry about that.!!! but yeah your o level grades matter a lot.... if you got straight As then you better go for A levels....

Reaction score
Straight As!!!!!!!!!!!! I already got 1B :/ plus if I get 6As should i do A level or F.Sc?
well...!!! after o levels you better do a levels....even with 6 As...!!! being a senior ... I would suggest you to do a levels .... the rest depends upon you....!!!

Reaction score
thanku for your advice lets see depends upon result Allah karay sub kay achay achay grades aiyn (AMEEN) btw what r u doing i mean A level or university??
I just completed my A levels this year....!! and now dyingly wanna get into a government medical college...!!! pray for me too....!!! where did you do your o levels from.???

Reaction score
is there any such attachment which can elaborate the equivalence method for engineering colleges and universities also?....i would be very gratefull for your response..:)

as far as i know these 8 subjects count for engineering

phy
chem
bio/computer studies
eng
urdu
math
pakst
isl

Reaction score
where did you do your olevels and alevels from?

Both from LGS JT. By Grace of God, 12A* and 2A in olevel
3A* (sciences) and 1A in history in Alevel
997 in MCAT

when u get the reply to F.Sc or A levels. Do tell me. I'm stuck in the same problem. Done O levels. Waiting what to do next. Done alot of research/
LUMS and FAST are private uni. . U can actually get into it easily; without an entry test too, i guess so. NUST and UET are govt. sectors. Fsc is really important and NUST is actually for Intermediate students only.

ive 3 alevel friends doing engineering in NUST. The entry test ive heard aint that hard for NUST
but for OTHER GOVT ENGINEERING COLLEGES ITS PRETTY HARD

IN SHAA ALLAH u'll pass wid flying colours! I did my O' Levels from Lahore Grammar School and im thinking of doing A level form LGS JT ( if i did A levels) :) Plus which university u wanna go for medical?
Stick with JT for alevels. Its the best. I graduated from there last year. Im in Allama iqbal medical college these days
Make sure u get 8A* in olevels to get into a good medical college

read this
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/mbbs-guide-pptx.19001/remember that olevel is pretty important when it comes to equivalence. Read this document FULLY!

Reaction score
Both from LGS JT. By Grace of God, 12A* and 2A in olevel
3A* (sciences) and 1A in history in Alevel
997 in MCAT

ive 3 alevel friends doing engineering in NUST. The entry test ive heard aint that hard for NUST
but for OTHER GOVT ENGINEERING COLLEGES ITS PRETTY HARD

Stick with JT for alevels. Its the best. I graduated from there last year. Im in Allama iqbal medical college these days
Make sure u get 8A* in olevels to get into a good medical college

read this
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/mbbs-guide-pptx.19001/remember that olevel is pretty important when it comes to equivalence. Read this document FULLY!

actually i dont wanna go for medical! Either i'll do software engineering( from FAST) or electrical engineering(from UET, LUMS) and 8A*s are tough for me! :/

Reaction score
here is my question

Can anybody could take admission in alevels with only half of his or her result suppose one gave papers in oct/nov session and again appears in next session and he wants to save one year can schools take him on conditions before his result is out or can admission is possible with 4 subjects..

Reaction score
not in pakistan but in foreign country YES. Recently a friend of mine did o levels with 3A*s and now he is doing As level (he gave only 3 subjects in o level)
no i means he has given all subjects but his result is not yet out can school take him on conditions

Reaction score
if you have given MJ 2013 papers then the school would take you conditionally otherwise first give papers and apply before result
okay so i tell the whole scene
my bro has given four subjects in oct/nov 2012 and now he is appearing for rest in oct/nov 2013 will he be able to get admission in dec or nov just after his exams and before his result is out

Reaction score
Yes he can but remember, half of the first year of a level would have been passed if he applies in dec and he has to work hard for it to cover the left syllabus of a level which would be quite tough
but schools do revise or not they

Reaction score
okay thanx

im not sure whether schools accept people in december (that is during middle of A1)

they only accept students during june (that is before start of classes)

So, im not sure about this, but be cautious

Reaction score
hello

can anyone tell me that is chemistry paper leaked for 1st year? if it is where to find it?? jUX KIDN :p

I need some one to explain me the pattern for chemistry exam i.e what is mainly composed off??

the blue prints. thanks

Reaction score
actually i did my alevels in 2012 and im in allama iqbal
ive 7 friends from the same batch in KE
4 in Sims

And basil do you think that a normal student can get 90% marks in fsc? You can get 90% marks in Alevels with A*

as far as mcat is concerned we had around 8 people in our school scoring 1000 (90%) or above in it out of 1100

as far as equivalences and procedure and other important facts are concerned. see this
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/mbbs-guide-pptx.19001/

Your OLEVEL grades are way way more important than Alevel grades. See file above

Really o level is more imp thn alevel grades....I m a2 (alevel)...my AS grades r nt tht gud but do I have chance to get admission in medical university? ????