• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

General paper discussion

Reaction score
i wrote that he could draw a speed time graph for the journey and calculate the area under the curve...Simple as that..and i asked my teacher for further assurance and she said that it was right..THE ARGUMENT ENDS RIGHT HERE AND NOW..AINT I A GENIUS..
:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
abay yaar speed pata thi distance time graph bana leta araam se bagair mehnat kiye..Why the hell does he want to measure the distance anyways..What will he get from it..
If he knew the speed then he obviously could have just traveled to school, noted the time and used Distance = Speed * Time.
Khair, don't worry. CIE is very lenient, they've accept any logical method I guess.

Reaction score
If he knew the speed then he obviously could have just traveled to school, noted the time and used Distance = Speed * Time.
Khair, don't worry. CIE is very lenient, they've accept any logical method I guess.
u mean mine's right?? if yes....YAY!

Reaction score
Saad Mughal. Longest Measuring tape isn't even 200m lol, how can it be 300m. I think our answers are correct, the ones who mentioned the speedometer, watch, or trip distance device.

Justus Roe, a surveyor and tape-maker by trade, made the longest tape measure in 1956, at 600 feet (180 m)

Reaction score
i totally did the same...I took only a measuring cylinder with an initial volume of 20cm3 and noted the value as V1.Then i filled the bottle up to its brim and poured its contents in the measuring cylinder and noted the value as V2..To find the value i wrote V=V2-V1.
tht is correct.............however writing 35-40cm3 is better.............. but no marks will be deducted..ur ans is perfect...

Reaction score
Saad Mughal. Longest Measuring tape isn't even 200m lol, how can it be 300m. I think our answers are correct, the ones who mentioned the speedometer, watch, or trip distance device.
a trundel wheel is much more suitable as compared to a speedometer......or watch or trip distance device you knw....

Reaction score
well we can all expect at least 25-26 out of 30 marks.....and hopefully full marks...inshallah

Reaction score
What was the answer to the question saying if u=v then calculate from the graph focal length if f=u/2 ?

You had to take the reading where the value of u=v. It was dependent on the curve of the graph so people got mixed values. I got 19.8 so divided by 2 and answer was 9.9cm.

Can there be an alternate answe to the question in which they asked to measure the volume of he cap ?

I don't remember any but if you wrote something else then share.

Reaction score
Listen if my curve crossed the space of the graph that they gave us by 1 mm, will I be penalised for it :s cause everyobe I know only took less than 75% of the graph paper to draw their curve (which usually leads to a loss of marks)...so yeah what was the better approach?

Reaction score
u wrote u=45.1 it should be 15.1. it was a common mistake
Listen if my curve crossed the space of the graph that they gave us by 1 mm, will I be penalised for it :s cause everyobe I know only took less than 75% of the graph paper to draw their curve (which usually leads to a loss of marks)...so yeah what was the better approach?