• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Grades good enough for UK

Do I stand a chance

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello. I have received 3Cs and 3Ds in IGCSE and 2Ds in AS level. With the blessing of Allah, I may get 2Ds in A level as well if I'm lucky. Are these grades good enough to go to university in UK? I am among the smartest kids in my class.

Reaction score
No chance at all :(

I think Cs are decent and yes maybe a D is bad but still decent in my opinion. A is so difficult to get. Only 2 people got Bs in my class.
The world is so competitive. Allah please help me.

Reaction score
Depends on whether you would be an international student and which university you are looking towards. You can get into low quality UNI's very easily at UK even with your grades. However, if you want to go to a better university, then go for foundation which may make you think that a levels was a waste(it would be :p) but if you want to go to a good UK UNI then you can only do so through foundation.

Reaction score
I can't tell if you're trolling. If you're serious then no, those grades are appalling. How can you think getting 2 Ds makes you lucky??

Reaction score
2Ds is considered very good in my school as A levels are very difficult. I did feel lucky :(. I am an international. I am happy to know that I can get into some university at least :). Do you know if I will get scholarships if I go to a slightly bad university who's entrance is lower than 2Ds?

Reaction score
Scholarships are highly unlikely with those grades. Unless you have exceptional co-curriculars or you are taking a student-athlete approach.

Reaction score
No not all dude . It's better 2 go for a foundation course . But how did u even do so bad ?? Even worst students in my class get till Cs .

Reaction score
No not all dude . It's better 2 go for a foundation course . But how did u even do so bad ?? Even worst students in my class get till Cs .
While I agree with your advice, your comment is very rude and unprofessional. A Level is pretty hard and you just can't label someone just because they couldn't get good grades. It's good that your classfellows had C's, doesn't mean everyone has to live upto these standards. Some people aren't able to deal with the pressure, some don't have good teachers, some don't have good preparation, there could be hundreds of reasons.
If you look up the official A level cumulative grades for any major subjects, you'll see how barely 10-20% students are able to score B or above.

Reaction score
While I agree with your advice, your comment is very rude and unprofessional. A Level is pretty hard and you just can't label someone just because they couldn't get good grades. It's good that your classfellows had C's, doesn't mean everyone has to live upto these standards. Some people aren't able to deal with the pressure, some don't have good teachers, some don't have good preparation, there could be hundreds of reasons.
If you look up the official A level cumulative grades for any major subjects, you'll see how barely 10-20% students are able to score B or above.
Oh I'm really sorry if it was offensive . Yes ur right . Well here is a more professional n kind advice :D . The thing is either opt out 4 a foundation course , or take AP classes . If u have taken these classes some colleges will accept u .

Reaction score
  • Scholarships are highly unlikely with those grades. Unless you have exceptional co-curriculars or you are taking a student-athlete approach.

• This guy has spoken facts. Go master rugby or soccer and u will easily get admitted to a good uni in the UK/US with payment or a scholarship to a sport academy